Oscar098

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
virginia
blacksburg
I'm totally amazed by the pair of L&T chelseas I bough and now I'm thinking of buying something for the summer. They have chukkas in brown suede and these lovely chelseas.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
I'm totally amazed by the pair of L&T chelseas I bough and now I'm thinking of buying something for the summer. They have chukkas in brown suede and these lovely chelseas.

I'm delighted that you're so pleased with Lof & Tung, and grateful that you've shared that experience. Nothing like first-hand experience.

I have a personal and not entirely rational dislike of chelsea boots, but those you've posted are certainly both handsome and versatile. And if they float your boat, they should serve admirably for everything from sport jackets with ties, to the most casual wear. And I love the color of the hide.

In that, I feel that they very much overlap with chukkas in terms of use and acceptability, even if it could be argued the chelseas have the edge in dressiness. But which you choose should be entirely an issue of what you'd most enjoy. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

upload_2019-5-21_17-14-35.png

Last edited:

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
Yup. Unfortunately I have relatively narrow feet so most standard Chelseas are too broad. :(
They are very unforgiving of fit, due to the absence of any means of adjustment. My problem is instep height - most Chelseas are just too tight over the instep for me. I just sold the most stunning pair of Chelseas I have ever owned for exactly this reason.

CLTesquire

United States
NC
Waxhaw
They are very unforgiving of fit, due to the absence of any means of adjustment. My problem is instep height - most Chelseas are just too tight over the instep for me. I just sold the most stunning pair of Chelseas I have ever owned for exactly this reason.
Your G&G's?

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts