March Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Dave, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Dave

Dave Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    GA
    Greensboro
    Hmmmmm . . . nobody's started a March acquisitions thread! Well, I might as well take the initiative here . . . .

I know flannel season is just about over, but after having seen Gamma and LeeLo's Instagrams, where they had several pictures of vintage, made-in-USA flannel shirts they own, I couldn't help but retire the flannel shirts in my closet and replace them with USA-made ones, courtesy of eBay:

[​IMG]

From top to bottom: LL Bean, LL Bean, Brooks Brothers, Gitman Brothers, Orvis

2. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^Nice haul, Dave! You are certainly well set for next Fall and Winter season(s). I suspect you will greatly enjoy your new flannels. ;)

Dave likes this.
  3. Tod Hackett

Tod Hackett Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Also courtesy of the eBay Way-Back Machine this March...

New For Fall 1992:

Bench Made in Maine

s-l1600a3.jpg

s-l1600a1.jpg

Circa 1996:

Made in USA

s-l1600b1.jpg

Attached Files:

4. cordovanpapi

cordovanpapi Starting Member

United States
    Hawaii
    Honolulu
    Send help lol
    [​IMG]

Tod Hackett and ran23 like this.
  5. FLMike

FLMike Connoisseur

United States
    FL
    West Coast
    Whoa, that is a seriously nice haul. Well done! Are those tassels shell or calf?

I’m not a longwing fan personally, but I have to admit those are beautiful. I own the Gucci bits and the tassels, and actually just picked up a pair of Tretorns myself...

[​IMG]

I guess I’m trying to say, I like your style.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
    eagle2250 likes this.
  6. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Honors Member

United States
    Maine
    Mars Hill
    Goodness. How nice. ('cept maybe the Tretorns, big Chucks fan here). Like the idea of the thin foam packing pad under the horsebit. Don't loose that. I don't have any bit loafers, but made from index card stock tiny tubes to go around the tassels of tassel'd slip-ons, for storage. They often splay in use.

Tod Hackett likes this.
  7. Pentheos

Pentheos Advanced Member

United States
    Wisconsin
    Clinton
    I never even considered worrying about splay of the tassels on my tassel loafers. Now I do. Thanks.

Peak and Pine and Tod Hackett like this.
  8. Tod Hackett

And proving what an ecumenical lot we really are, I actually go out of my way to splay mine a bit...

Isn't diversity grand?

9. Tod Hackett

I volunteer to lead the intervention - and safeguard any and all contra-indicated items of a size 10D/E persuasion...

Those Alden longwings are simply stunning!

10. Peak and Pine

Peak and Pine Honors Member

United States
    Maine
    Mars Hill
    It isn't so much the splay as the crinkled-up folded-over sprig on the ends that gets hammered in when I toss them across the floor after stumbling home juiced after an all-night twist party. I should add that was while in school, not now. The phrase twist party probably made the cronology unnecessary. (Tod, that was before Soft Sell)
    Splay it again, Sam.

Tod Hackett likes this.