March Acquisitions

Dave

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
GA
Greensboro
Hmmmmm . . . nobody's started a March acquisitions thread! Well, I might as well take the initiative here . . . .

I know flannel season is just about over, but after having seen Gamma and LeeLo's Instagrams, where they had several pictures of vintage, made-in-USA flannel shirts they own, I couldn't help but retire the flannel shirts in my closet and replace them with USA-made ones, courtesy of eBay:

From top to bottom: LL Bean, LL Bean, Brooks Brothers, Gitman Brothers, Orvis

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^Nice haul, Dave! You are certainly well set for next Fall and Winter season(s). I suspect you will greatly enjoy your new flannels. ;)

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Send help lol
Whoa, that is a seriously nice haul. Well done! Are those tassels shell or calf?

I’m not a longwing fan personally, but I have to admit those are beautiful. I own the Gucci bits and the tassels, and actually just picked up a pair of Tretorns myself...

I guess I’m trying to say, I like your style.

Last edited:

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
Send help lol
Goodness. How nice. ('cept maybe the Tretorns, big Chucks fan here). Like the idea of the thin foam packing pad under the horsebit. Don't loose that. I don't have any bit loafers, but made from index card stock tiny tubes to go around the tassels of tassel'd slip-ons, for storage. They often splay in use.

Peak and Pine

Honors Member
United States
Maine
Mars Hill
I never even considered worrying about splay of the tassels on my tassel loafers. Now I do. Thanks.
It isn't so much the splay as the crinkled-up folded-over sprig on the ends that gets hammered in when I toss them across the floor after stumbling home juiced after an all-night twist party. I should add that was while in school, not now. The phrase twist party probably made the cronology unnecessary. (Tod, that was before Soft Sell)
And proving what an ecumenical lot we really are, I actually go out of my way to splay mine a bit...
Splay it again, Sam.