March Acquisitions

Discussion in 'Andy's Trad Forum' started by Dave, Mar 12, 2019.

1. cordovanpapi

cordovanpapi Starting Member

United States
    Hawaii
    Honolulu
    @FLMike
    They are the cordovan model from the recent BB cardholder sale.

@Peak and Pine
    Was always curious about Tretorn (currently typing this as I wear my Chuck 70's which I love)

As for the straps on the tassel and foam pad between the bits, these pairs arrived like that lol. I'm of the batch that loves a broken-in pair of polished shoes. Thank you again gentleman!

Peak and Pine likes this.
  2. Pentheos

Pentheos Advanced Member

United States
    Wisconsin
    Clinton

The most Caucasian thing ever.

Tod Hackett and Peak and Pine like this.
  3. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Mr. B. Scott Robinson Super Member

Karachi, Pakistan - Atlanta, Georgia
    United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    A lovely Purdey tie from the bay....this one absolutely like new for $20 shipping included.

s-l500.jpg

A purchase, which I have not taken delivery of yet, is 2 pair of Polo (the actual sport, not brand) boots from Golden Horses manufacturing here in Pakistan http://www.goldenhorse.pk . They are direct from the "horses mouth", the factory outside Lahore, from which they supply many overseas retailers. The price was very reasonable at $166 per pair.

riding-boots_8806_469_t.jpg

riding-boots_8808_471_t.jpg
    Cheers,

BSR

Corcovado and Tod Hackett like this.
  4. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Didn't know you played Polo, but that is a great price for those kicks! It reminds me of the well priced footwear and leather goods made of all manner of exotic leathers, that could be had years ago shopping in the Philippines. ;)

Corcovado and ran23 like this.
  5. Fading Fast

Fading Fast Connoisseur

United States
    New York
    NY
    I'm not shocked that Mr. B. Scott Robinson plays Polo as I usually just covet others' wardrobes here at AAAC, but he seems to have the cool life that goes with it. And those are gorgeous boots even if I know next to nothing about the sport. Way to go BSR!

eagle2250 likes this.
  6. Tod Hackett

Tod Hackett Active Member with Corp. Privileges

At $166 a pair, reasonable is one way to put it...

7. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    Thanks for the kudos, I am keenly aware that I live a very blessed existence.

However, it comes at a heavy price. I haven't seen my parents since last July and my wife and kids since January.

I am leaving for R&R in Atlanta starting Monday so I will be able to see everyone!

Time is running out on my time in Pakistan. 110 days left, then off to Port-au-Prince in August on a 3 year tour.

Cheers,

BSR

Fading Fast likes this.
  8. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    ^^
    I feel your pain associated with those separations from family and friends and can appreciate the personal sacrifice such separations represent. Perhaps most importantly, I appreciate the reality that you endure such extreme sacrifices for the betterment of so many of our lives! ;)

9. TDWat

TDWat Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Virginia
    Central
    I ordered a pair of dark brown Crockett & Jones oxfords a couple months ago and decided to get a belt in the same color. As it turns out, C&J has a nice set of matching packaging for all of their products.

20190318_191351.jpg 20190318_191302.jpg

10. Mr. B. Scott Robinson

United States
    Pakistan
    Karachi
    EC725FEF-A657-4403-91B2-BD04BCE2657F.jpeg 3C01AA50-E213-461D-8006-1D38A654F07F.jpeg 52F26724-75FD-4BCE-8407-641D88D476E2.jpeg 72433EE3-0D6F-4A51-9BEC-7BEFEA0B0081.jpeg My boots came in... nice fit and very comfortable. A whopping value for made to measure handmade riding boots.

Cheers,

BSR

Corcovado, eagle2250 and Fading Fast like this.