miamimike

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Since andys reveiw of the ebay seller Wizards of Ahs (jeff) who sells Baroni suits there has been lots of talk about his suits he sells.
Has anyone bought the Marco Valentino suits that he just started carrying? If so whats your assesment on the suit (material, fit, drape etc). How does it compare to the Baroni suit as far as fit and quality goes?
I have 2 of the Baroni suits and Im a fan of the tapered waist the Baroni jackets have. Jeff told me the MV suits have more italian fit and just seeing if anyone has bought one. THanks

cvac

I asked a forum member who mentioned they purchased one and they had very good things to say about the MV suits.

I'd like to try one at some point, but I'll probably try the "comfort fit", which I assume is closer to the Baroni's fit. In my size, anything closer fitting than Baroni in the jacket waist is probably going to be a little too tight for me.

If anyone has feedback to give on the MV "comfort fit" suit I'd love to hear it.

Tiberias

Any other responses on this? I'm interested in an answer as well, as Wizard of Ahs does not carry the forum-recommended Baroni in my size (36R), but does have a couple of Valentinos in that size.

okdc

I ordered a tux by Marco Valentino from Wizard of Aahs. I believe it has arrived and I will see tonight, but I will say that all the posts regarding Jeff's customer service are absolutely true. He promised me a no risk purchase (as this was my first big order of clothing online) and patiently answered all of the questions I peppered him with. He did mention that MV is about a 1/2 size slimmer than Baroni.

cvac

Tiberias,

Have you tried contacting the Wizard / Jeff directly? Not all of his stock is listed on his website / ebay store. The Baroni I bought from him actually wasn't listed, but he did have it in stock.

cvac.

Any other responses on this? I'm interested in an answer as well, as Wizard of Ahs does not carry the forum-recommended Baroni in my size (36R), but does have a couple of Valentinos in that size.

mhester1

Starting Member
Marco Valentino

I recently got one of th M Valentino's. Slimmer than the Baroni I got at the same time. Especially the slacks. The 34 slacks fit tighter than ANY 33 pair I own, so be aware of that point. 33 is my actual size. Hopefully there's enough to let out enough. If not Jeff will take care of me I know. Drape and sheen is v similar to the Baroni. The marble buttons and paisley jacket lining are really nice. No fusing as with Baroni, but it doesn't have the pick stitching as the Baroni does. Jeff cut me a very good deal on it. I got a black Valentino and navy Baroni plus some tan Mantoni slacks to mix and match.

I'm so impressed with his clothing that I bought another suit from him (I don't even avg 1 suit wearing a week mind you). Since I can't justify much in the way of spending $$ on suits I "cheaped out" with one of his Mantoni's in a caramel color. Now it does have fusing and of course no pick stitching, but for $145 delivered (his direct non-eBay AAAC price) how can I go wrong. It's still nicer than any suit I previously had which maxed out a 1 Jos Bank (what a P.O.S. that was - lapels wrinkled up very quickly) and a Hart, Schaffner & Marx.

As I have reached mid-40's I think that the propensity for needing a tux once a great while has increased enough that I think I'm going to get a Mantoni tux just to have. It's cheaper than one rental and certainly nicer.

His shirts are really nice too. Got 2 of the Italian ones an 1 Berlioni.

miamimike

mhester1

How does the Marco V suit fit in the shoulders compared to the Baroni. (wider or narrower)? Also is there more waist suppression on the MV JACKET than the Baroni jacket or can u tell?

cvac

How do you like the Mantoni slacks? I was considering getting some of those in the spring / summer....

What's your impression of the shirts? Did you get the ones with the Italian ones hidden button placket? How is the fit on those?

Last edited:

mhester1

Starting Member
Fit

How does the Marco V suit fit in the shoulders compared to the Baroni. (wider or narrower)? Also is there more waist suppression on the MV JACKET than the Baroni jacket or can u tell?
you're in luck Mike since I haven't been able to get them tailored yet. The MV is certainly slimmer in the waist than the Baroni. If you are broad shouldered and small waisted then I think the MV would be a better fit. Ask Jeff about the pick stitching on the MV's he has listed. My particular one does not have it, so if that's an issue for you, check first. Jeff had originally quoted me $280. But then he later thought that this suit didn't have near the sheen as the Baroni, that plus the discovered lack of pick stitching led him to give me a $250 price. Upon further review he found that the sheen is quite similar (I agree). I offered to split the diff in price, but he stuck to the $250. I'd certainly have a hard time beating it for the price even at $280. He did the Baroni at $260. The Matteo shirt for $80. The Mantonio slacks for $45 I think. The Brioni shirt for $25. He threw in 2 of his ties which go for $25-$40 on eBay. Whole package was $659 delivered. Crazy price.

mhester1

Starting Member
How do you like the Mantoni slacks? I was considering getting some of those in the spring / summer....

What's your impression of the shirts? Did you get the ones with the Italian ones hidden button placket? How is the fit on those?
CVAC - The slacks are great. The 34 fits pretty true to size. The Soranni shirt I got fits great (so does the Berlioni) and the fabric is great. I got the blue/tan striped one and then subsequently got the blue/blue striped one too. My wife says they fit me better than any shirt I've bought. Note that they are slimmer cut. I need a 16 neck, but torso fits a 15.5 better. These fit trimmer than most full-cut 15.5's on me. The ones he has right now do not have the hidden button placket though - at least not the ones I got and saw. They are beautiful.

Side note - I got in the mail my $30 (delivered price) "excellent" pre-owned Etro from eBay. Gorgeous shirt (white with "invisi" windowpane weave) It fits slim too. Check it out
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280190181535&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=018
what a find. It looks unused to me. Wore it today for a meeting that never took place! :cry:

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts