filbert_turtle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
MASSACHUSETTS
Boston
So I have a pair of slacks in a fantastic, dark forest green slightly hairy wool. These were bell bottoms, once, but I had the legs tapered and a pocket flap removed and voilá; fast-forward 50 years (although the belt loops might give me away). But now I don't know what to wear them with, particularly for a business-casual work environment.

Any tips for matching very dark green pants with a shirt and jacket?

orange fury

Connoisseur
United States
Texas
Houston
Navy blazer/ecru OCBD/no tie

Sub the navy blazer for a brown tweed, sub the ecru shirt for a blue or blue/white stripe.

Spex

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Jacket wise I would imagine navy, brown and light-to-mid grey would look good.

Shirt wise I would stick with white, off-white, and blues. Pink would also look OK, however having both pink and green in the same outfit might be too much for some, as they are not necessarily colours that are seen on men as often (although I feel that a pink shirt is a classic colour for a men's shirt).

Quetzal

Suspended
United States
Wisconsin
Brookfield
Jacket wise I would imagine navy, brown and light-to-mid grey would look good.

Shirt wise I would stick with white, off-white, and blues. Pink would also look OK, however having both pink and green in the same outfit might be too much for some, as they are not necessarily colours that are seen on men as often (although I feel that a pink shirt is a classic colour for a men's shirt).
What?? Pink is not a regular color for a man's shirt? Oh dear, I've done it again...

Yes, a pink shirt with a deep red knitted tie would go well with green pants; I wear that combination for casualwear (my winter pants are military surplus, hence they are some shade of green). I say nix on the blazer (I've never really been a blazer guy, so don't take my word for it), but a sport coat of an earth-tone and mid-light gray just as orange fury and Spex said, respectively. Green itself for trousers is a very nice color; a way of looking fashionable (such as those neon-colored pants) but not sticking out in a bad way.

Depending on the shade of green, I would also suggest a corduroy coat; my only sport coat is a green/brown (more towards green) corduroy coat that I throw over my winter casualwear sometimes; otherwise I usually just wear a sweater over the shirt and tie, usually a brown, gray, or blue sweater (I don't really pay attention, as I designed my casualwear to correspond with every piece, that way I can throw something on and not look as though I came from an Anime cartoon).

-Quetzal

Spex

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
What?? Pink is not a regular color for a man's shirt? Oh dear, I've done it again...
Maybe things are different in Brookfield, but from what I've witnessed in my environment it is not a color most men own, although I think they should and it's certainly a staple in my closet.

My ideal colour distribution for dress shirts would be 50% blue, 30% pink, 20% white.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
Dark green trousers? Tattersall shirt. Tweed jacket or patterned sport jacket.

EclecticSr.

United States
New York
Coram
Maybe things are different in Brookfield, but from what I've witnessed in my environment it is not a color most men own, although I think they should and it's certainly a staple in my closet.

My ideal colour distribution for dress shirts would be 50% blue, 30% pink, 20% white.
Agree, Have perhaps 15 or more ranging from solid to gingham.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts