burnedandfrozen

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
CA
Los Angeles
So I was in downtown Los Angeles today. This is really the only place where you can still see men wearing suits in LA. As I walked down Figueroa St I saw coming in my direction three young men in suits riding those electric scooters that you rent that have become so ubiquitous that it's hard to remember a time when you didn't have to walk an obstacle course as they randomly lay across the sidewalks.

So down the street they came and I just watched in disbelief. To be quite honest they looked absolutely ridiculous. Now in a Progressive city like Los Angeles where civic leaders would love for everyone to abandon their cars entirely which is not practical in Los Angeles at all, I would think that maybe riding a bike would be a bit more dignified especially if such a bike was vintage of sorts. Maybe the typical cubical just isn't big enough to keep a bike and I honesty can't blame anyone from feeling skittish about locking up a bike in public downtown Los Angeles since it's commonplace to see only the few pieces of bikes that are secured being all that's left. Anyway, it was quite a sight.

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
Amazing. There are constant posts on this site bitching that nobody wears suits anymore, and you somehow find fault with those who do, but happen to ride scooters. Get a grip, man.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
So I was in downtown Los Angeles today. This is really the only place where you can still see men wearing suits in LA. As I walked down Figueroa St I saw coming in my direction three young men in suits riding those electric scooters that you rent that have become so ubiquitous that it's hard to remember a time when you didn't have to walk an obstacle course as they randomly lay across the sidewalks.

So down the street they came and I just watched in disbelief. To be quite honest they looked absolutely ridiculous. Now in a Progressive city like Los Angeles where civic leaders would love for everyone to abandon their cars entirely which is not practical in Los Angeles at all, I would think that maybe riding a bike would be a bit more dignified especially if such a bike was vintage of sorts. Maybe the typical cubical just isn't big enough to keep a bike and I honesty can't blame anyone from feeling skittish about locking up a bike in public downtown Los Angeles since it's commonplace to see only the few pieces of bikes that are secured being all that's left. Anyway, it was quite a sight.
I really wish you'd unlimbered your phone and caught a video of that. It would be choice.

Kyle76

United States
NC
Fayetteville
I'm pretty sure the OP is referring to standing scooters, like a skateboard with a handle bar.

ItalianStyle

Canada
Ontario
Cambridge
Ahhh... I'm trying to picture what a stylish version of one of those would be in that case, but I gave up... :(

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts