Mercer & Sons: The Blue ODBD.

paxonus

United States
California
Los Angeles
I bought my first Mercer in January. They offer a 25% discount on one shirt for first time buyers. It takes a few weeks for delivery, but it is well worth the wait. I agree fully with the Keikari article. I doubt there is a better shirt at this price. I will definitely be buying more. Don't believe all the fuss about how baggy they are. If you are going to buy your first one, try one in the standard fit. If it is too loose, just wear it under a jacket.

katch

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
Mercer vs Michael Spencer? I believe MS runs a sale once a year bringing their price to < $100. I like that you can add some features such as flap pocket and locker loop.

paxonus

United States
California
Los Angeles
Mercer vs Michael Spencer? I believe MS runs a sale once a year bringing their price to < $100. I like that you can add some features such as flap pocket and locker loop.
I don't have a Spencer. Is the material comparable?

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
For those familiar with Mercer, MS and BB - how does the Mercer or MS blue compare in color tone to BB? BB's blue is a very grey blue and I find I am often disappointed in other company's blue OCBD because they are more true blue or even light blue - not that their's are wrong and BB is right, it's just that I prefer the grey-blue of BB's OCBD

Last edited:

Ole Hickory

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
TN
Southeast
Mercer’s Blue Oxford Cloth is 2-3 shades lighter. It’s an entirely different Blue compared to BB.

Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
I've never heard anything but positive reviews of Mercer's shirts. Maybe I'll finally make the plunge. I've been wanting an OCBD in a university stripe other than blue or pink/light red and Mercer offers a few different color options that are never offered by J. Press or BB.

gamma68

Honors Member
United States
Michigan
Detroit
I might splurge on a Mercer OCBD, too. I've always been disappointed in the BB pink OCBD. The color is too intense. Anyone know how the Mercer pink compares?