jcaronson

Starting Member
United States
California
Huntington Beach
Is it proper for a man to wear a morning coat after 12:00 noon?

arkirshner

Honors Member
United States
OH
Toledo
All throughout the day and if the event begins during the day but runs into the evening it is worn to the conclusion of the event.

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
All throughout the day and if the event begins during the day but runs into the evening it is worn to the conclusion of the event.
+1. If you're talking about a wedding. It's for the morning and afternoon. If the event starts at 6 pm you should wear evening wear (dinner jacket, a.k.a. tuxedo). If the event starts very late in the afternoon, it has become acceptable in the US to wear a tuxedo.

poolewest

Starting Member
United States
TX
Midland
It all depends on one's choice. Wearing a coat does not need a time you can wear it any time as I always love to
wear my Motorcycle jackets denver.

RolandG

Germany
Hessen
Frankfurt
It all depends on one's choice. Wearing a coat does not need a time you can wear it any time as I always love to
wear my Motorcycle jackets denver.
The OP specifically asks about a morning coat, not about just a coat in general.

Natty Beau

United States
Maryland
Baltimore
I always assumed the names comes from the time the garment was laid out by servants to be put on. "Lay out my morning coat and things, Jeeves." etc.

Color 8

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
May I ask the context of your question ? It's fascinating to think that this stuff still exists somewhere.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts