SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
My last suit was a Samuelsohn MTM. I was surprised at the level of choices and the ability to make great adjustments to my shoulders which slope significantly and one is lower. Honestly the thing fits just about as well as my bespoke pieces and that's with one fitting. Pleats/no pleats, ticket pocket, hacking pockets, peaked lapels, etc... Lots of choices.
And that’s what made to measure is supposed to be!

Some of these things being passed off as made to measure look as though they were grabbed off the rack.

TimF

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York City
There's no magic. It all comes down to the person measuring you, the person cutting the fabric, and the person(s) sewing the pieces together. With so much out of the customer's control, the key is to find someone you trust to take your measurements, and who you trust has a capable team standing behind him.

Edit: I add, Bespoke vs. Made to Measure vs. Made to Order do not matter. It comes down to the people measuring, cutting, and sewing. And of course qualities of the fabric and style advice.

Last edited:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
There's no magic. It all comes down to the person measuring you, the person cutting the fabric, and the person(s) sewing the pieces together. With so much out of the customer's control, the key is to find someone you trust to take your measurements, and who you trust has a capable team standing behind him.
It is always thoughtful and hard work that leads to success in almost anything.

As Thomas Jefferson said:

“I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts