My new warm weather pants

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
I just got some “greens” from Murray’s Toggery. They are made of sailcloth rather than twill. It was sunny and in the upper seventies today, and I met a friend downtown for a late lunch. I walked about thirty blocks and dined outside and have to say I was far more comfortable than I would have been in my usual Orvis ultimate khakis. I’ll be getting more. They come in khaki (plus, of course, the classic red). Trads in southerly climes take note.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I just got some “greens” from Murray’s Toggery. They are made of sailcloth rather than twill. It was sunny and in the upper seventies today, and I met a friend downtown for a late lunch. I walked about thirty blocks and dined outside and have to say I was far more comfortable than I would have been in my usual Orvis ultimate khakis. I’ll be getting more. They come in khaki (plus, of course, the classic red). Trads in southerly climes take note.
Thank you for that very useful and timely information, my friend. I should have just enough time to get a couple of pair delivered before the real heat and humidity hits! :happy:

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Thank you for that very useful and timely information, my friend. I should have just enough time to get a couple of pair delivered before the real heat and humidity hits! :happy:
Well as nice as they are, try one pair before you load up! The texture is very much like a heavier version of poplin but not as tightly woven. I found them more breathable, but in Florida I might jump straight to linen.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Good advice, for sure! Perhaps a single pair for a test run is the best way to go. Thanks!

Doctor Damage

Connoisseur
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Thirty blocks in Austin? How far is that?

Anyways, glad you enjoy the pants in a 'different' type of cloth.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin

From a couple of blocks north and east of the Capitol to the western side of the second street district and back. I only retired at the end of November and already lots of things have changed downtown.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin

Probably about two miles from east of the Capitol to the west side of the Second Street District and back.

Titus_A

United States
TN
Nashville
I take it you're describing the "Nantucket Reds Collection" canvas ones?