Nantucket Red's.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
It's interesting how time can change context; I imagine in a few decades this conversation will revolve around then old-fashioned blaze orange hunting cargos and "don't-fall-off-the-boat" safety yellow rain pants. :)
Do you believe that in a few (three or more) decades people will be discussing Trad clothing or the like?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Men's style is reportedly timeless. Methinks we already are discussing Trad clothing, in copious, occasionally, perhaps even tiresome detail, but do we so in hushed voices and under cover of secret lairs such as the AAAC Trad Forum. Such conversations are not soon to end. LOL. ;)

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Like one of the gents in the first photo, I wear a navy blazer (both SB and DB) with burgundy trousers, brown shoes and pale blue shirt often. I love the look. I don't own Nantucket reds but I think its about time to try them.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Yes. Nantucket Red's what? I'm in suspense.

But no big deal:
I agree, no big deal. Still, every time this thread get bumped with new comment, my mind sees an incomplete sentence and I want to know what this fellow, Nantucket Red, has that we need to discuss?!

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
Still, every time this thread get bumped with new comment, my mind sees an incomplete sentence and I want to know what this fellow, Nantucket Red, has that we need to discuss?!
I know what you mean. I keep thinking the thread is going to be about a bar/restaurant ("Nantucket Red's") that Flanderian discovered while on a short vacation, and he wants to rave about the mimosas and clam chowder.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
I know what you mean. I keep thinking the thread is going to be about a bar/restaurant ("Nantucket Red's") that Flanderian discovered while on a short vacation, and he wants to rave about the mimosas and clam chowder.
When I saw you had posted to this thread I fully expected to read “There once was a man from Nantucket...” So get those creative juices flowing!

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
When I saw you had posted to this thread I fully expected to read “There once was a man from Nantucket...” So get those creative juices flowing!
Believe me, I thought about it, but I wanted to ration what I loosely refer to as my jokes. I opted for the "bar/restaurant" line for no particular reason, then called it a day.

I haven't ruled out a limerick, though.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
Two Nantucket-related limericks--and they are clean!

There was a young man from Nantucket
Who said to himself "I'll untuck it.
"Then I'll peel off this shirt
"Which is covered in dirt
"And into the hamper I'll chuck it."

A man plays guitar in Nantucket
He likes to just sit there and pluck it
From his feet to his head
His whole outfit's bright red
As long as he doesn't unplug it

Last edited:

Charles Dana