Color 8

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
I ordered a few Brooks Brothers OCBD's during their after-Chrisrmas sale.
When I took them out of the packaging yesterday, I noticed that half of them have chest pockets.

I bring this up because the issue was beaten to death here a couple of years ago when they deleted the chest pockets.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
At a certain age, chest pockets are essential. Where the heck else are you supposed to put your reading glasses? The anti-chest pocket people are elitist, IMO.
Having needed reading glasses since my late '30s (eh, it is what it is), after watching a few pairs of them skidding across the floor as they slid out of my shirt's chest pocket when I leaned over for something, I quickly stopped putting them there. Apparently, you haven't had that problem?

Steve Smith

United States
North Carolina
Newport
OP, did you get dress shirt sized OCBDs with pockets? I haven't seen any of those. The sport sized current model OCBDs have chest pockets.

OCBD365

Starting Member
United States
California
Santa Cruz
Brooks has quietly rolled out variations of their "Original Polo Button-Down".

1: The original in 2016. Solid and Uni Stripe, medium weight cloth, no pocket with very small thick GMOP buttons
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

2: A follow up with new colors and stripe patterns. Similar cloth weight, replaced thin flat buttons, inside laundry tag removed.
Example

Example

3: This is another release of new colors. These however have a very thin cloth in a weight resembling broadcloth. I bought one in light pink online and immediately returned it.
Example

4: in 2019, these were brought out in a wider range of colors in solid and uni stripe, with or without pocket.
Example
Example

Example
Example

5: Towards the end of 2019 these even newer models came out in a limited pallet.
Example

Example

When I have time I can post pics documenting changes between the shirts I did't return. They also offer an alpha sized sport shirt with a pocket.

Color 8

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
OP, did you get dress shirt sized OCBDs with pockets? I haven't seen any of those. The sport sized current model OCBDs have chest pockets.
These were numeric-sized shirts, not alpha-sized. OCBD355's post is very informative !

Patrick06790

Connoisseur
United States
Connecticut
Lakeville
I bought four -- two white, two blue last year during the sale. (A sale.) No pockets, which I didn't realize until I took one out of the package. It was a little disconcerting at first, but I got used to it.

I still haven't found a good solution to the problem of where to put the cheaters, except to put them on the top of my head. And even then any sudden oscillation tends to send them flying.