peterc

United States
california
san francisco
At a certain age, chest pockets are essential. Where the heck else are you supposed to put your reading glasses? The anti-chest pocket people are elitist, IMO.
Really well said. I remember when Paul Smith dress shirts in the 80's (which were all made in England) all had pockets. Elitists...I love it.

peterc

United States
california
san francisco
Brooks has quietly rolled out variations of their "Original Polo Button-Down".

1: The original in 2016. Solid and Uni Stripe, medium weight cloth, no pocket with very small thick GMOP buttons
Exhibit A

Exhibit B

2: A follow up with new colors and stripe patterns. Similar cloth weight, replaced thin flat buttons, inside laundry tag removed.
Example

Example

3: This is another release of new colors. These however have a very thin cloth in a weight resembling broadcloth. I bought one in light pink online and immediately returned it.
Example

4: in 2019, these were brought out in a wider range of colors in solid and uni stripe, with or without pocket.
Example
Example

Example
Example

5: Towards the end of 2019 these even newer models came out in a limited pallet.
Example

Example

When I have time I can post pics documenting changes between the shirts I did't return. They also offer an alpha sized sport shirt with a pocket.
And who is BB trying to please with all this? Everyone? Good luck with that.

OCBD365

Starting Member
United States
California
Santa Cruz
The old ones are on sale for $70.
I noticed this too. Every OCBD dress shirt that’s not blue, white or uni stripe is $70.

Size availablity has been drastically reduced also. They just added solid yellow that I wanted to try but no 36 length. A bold stipe I was eyeing is on half sizes for the neck as well. I appreciate them accommodating with individual neck x sleeve but the availability is often lacking.

G

Guest-937385

I noticed this too. Every OCBD dress shirt that’s not blue, white or uni stripe is $70.

Size availablity has been drastically reduced also. They just added solid yellow that I wanted to try but no 36 length. A bold stipe I was eyeing is on half sizes for the neck as well. I appreciate them accommodating with individual neck x sleeve but the availability is often lacking.
Looks like you can get them with

or without a pocket

I would think that the full range of sizes would be added over time. Wonder if anyone has ordered these new OCBD's and if there are any significant changes to the previous ones which I think were introduced in 2016?

Color 8

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
I don't care about the pocket, but I wish they'd go back to the heavier cloth.

IvyPoseur

Starting Member
United States
New York
Tarrytown
I check frequently for sales on the OCBD from BB. I saw the pics with the shirts with pockets and was very interested in if the shirts are otherwise identical to the shirts without pockets. I bought several without pockets when I got them under $70 each but I prefer OCBDs with pockets.

I work a few blocks from the 346 Madison Ave. store. I'll roll by for a recon. Not buying at full price though.

Color 8

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
PA - Pennsylvania
Philadelphia
I check frequently for sales on the OCBD from BB. I saw the pics with the shirts with pockets and was very interested in if the shirts are otherwise identical to the shirts without pockets. I bought several without pockets when I got them under $70 each but I prefer OCBDs with pockets.

I work a few blocks from the 346 Madison Ave. store. I'll roll by for a recon. Not buying at full price though.
That would be great :)