Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Hi gents,

I just received my newest J Press purchase. A really nice seersucker sport coat in grey/white. I've had this cotton tie in blue/white stripes for a few years.

Are there any circumstances where these would work together? I was thinking with a pale pink shirt. Or is it just too much? If its worth considering, I could take some photos with different colored shirts for your opinions.

jacket 1.jpg

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
It's either the jacket and tie combo, or, my monitor but my rods and cones are all wacky now. I would look for another tie.
Ha, sorry! Yes, its not your monitor. I'm not used to wearing such a light colored jacket. So I'm trying to pair it with lighter ties and trousers. I think it will look great with light tan chinos, pink shirts, etc. But would this jacket work with darker trousers and dark, bold patterned ties?

blue suede shoes

United States
maryland
towson
I would avoid striped ties with that jacket. Try either a solid tie, one with a very subtle (same color as tie) pattern, an emblematic tie. Darker, or lighter, trousers would work as long as they contrast with the jacket, and as long as they are not striped.

Titus_A

United States
TN
Nashville
Agree with the consensus: the stripes on that tie are way too small to wear with seersucker. Go big (pattern) or go home.

straw sandals

United States
NY
Brooklyn
I agree with the above. If you must wear stripes, you'll need something thick and bold. I have an old Chipp shantung tie similar to this that I like. Not only are the stripes thick, the slubby silk provides an interesting textural contrast to the seersucker.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts