New seersucker sportcoat and this tie?

fishertw

United States
North Carolina
Boone
I lean more toward crested ties with seersucker or solids in a complementary color. Madras is fun as well.

Troones

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Many thanks for the helpful suggestions and inspiration gentlemen! I'm actually fortunate enough to have some of the suggested ties. Here's an emblematic, madras, and crested. I see what you all mean now.
ties.jpg

New Old Stock

United States
New York
New York
Many thanks for the helpful suggestions and inspiration gentlemen! I'm actually fortunate enough to have some of the suggested ties. Here's an emblematic, madras, and crested. I see what you all mean now.
View attachment 30572
Black knit tie over a white oxford.
Navy-based emblematics or polka dots are a close second. I like madras, but I think its too much with seersucker. I guess some Repps might work, but with so many other options why complicate things with dueling stripes?

Side note: Troones, should you ever want to sell that squirrel emblematic please keep me in mind. If you could tell me where I could find one like it, that would also be appreciated.

Troones

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
Black knit tie over a white oxford.
Navy-based emblematics or polka dots are a close second. I like madras, but I think its too much with seersucker. I guess some Repps might work, but with so many other options why complicate things with dueling stripes?

Side note: Troones, should you ever want to sell that squirrel emblematic please keep me in mind. If you could tell me where I could find one like it, that would also be appreciated.
A black knit sounds interesting. And by chance I have one of those as well. I actually have quite a few knits in silk, wool, and even one in cotton. I find I reach for them a lot. The squirrel tie is from J Press. I just had a peek and its not on their website at the moment. But being that you're in New York, they may have it in store?

Mike Petrik

Honors Member
United States
Georgia
Atlanta
I agree that the OP's suggested stripe tie does not work. Scale is far too similar. I also agree that solid knits, emblematics, and madras work very nicely.

That said, I respectfully, but emphatically, disagree with any suggestion that one should avoid pairing striped ties with seersucker jackets. Indeed, no tie is more classically trad to pair with a seersucker jacket than a BB #1 or #3 rep. It is just a matter of scale.

https://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/ties/0210,default,sc.html?prefn1=pattern&prefv1=Stripes

Last edited:

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Those three ties are definite improvements over your original selection.

If anyone is looking for a squirrel bowtie go to Ebay.

View attachment 30620

Available in blue or green I have the green one.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BGA04VS-Blue-Animal-Pattern-Squirrel-Self-Bow-Tie-handkerchief-Set/382299041398?hash=item5902cc6e76:g:b5EAAOSwFytaILsG

They are of decent quality especially for the price.
My friend, you got a great deal on that tie and the pocket square that comes with it. However, I must tell you the items look a bit squirrelly . One would not have to be nuts to wear such a tie, but it might help! LOL. ;)