Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Thanks! With the vibram sole they are incredibly comfortable.
Quite welcome!

Do you know the country of origin? They look as if they might be Italian, and lest I be mistaken, I believe PS has been sourcing from premium Italian makers for some items.

And not that it's in anyway indicative of country of manufacture, but I was very surprised when I finally checked Vibram to learn it was an Italian company. Vibram soles had been showing up on U.S. and other maker's shoes for decades, and I'd just assumed it was U.S. company.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Quite welcome!

Do you know the country of origin? They look as if they might be Italian, and lest I be mistaken, I believe PS has been sourcing from premium Italian makers for some items.

And not that it's in anyway indicative of country of manufacture, but I was very surprised when I finally checked Vibram to learn it was an Italian company. Vibram soles had been showing up on U.S. and other maker's shoes for decades, and I'd just assumed it was U.S. company.
They are Italian. Paul Stuart has reworked their whole shoe program and though they still maintain a selection of English made shoes (C&J I believe still) they bulk are Italian made.

Vibram is a composite of Vitale Bramani who I believe was an Italian mountain climber. He invented the lug sole which became the basis for the company.

The nice thing about Vibram is that they are incredibly durable, and can be applied to Goodyear or Blake constructed shoes. When the sole does wear out, the old sole is removed and the new one applied without having to completely recraft the shoe.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
They are Italian. Paul Stuart has reworked their whole shoe program and though they still maintain a selection of English made shoes (C&J I believe still) they bulk are Italian made.

Vibram is a composite of Vitale Bramani who I believe was an Italian mountain climber. He invented the lug sole which became the basis for the company.

The nice thing about Vibram is that they are incredibly durable, and can be applied to Goodyear or Blake constructed shoes. When the sole does wear out, the old sole is removed and the new one applied without having to completely recraft the shoe.
Thanks for the added information.

I've always found that the wide variety of Vibram soles on footwear I've worn over the years have generally offered good traction, durability and comfort. Lug designs and the name Vibram became synonymous to extent that irrespective of maker, many such soles were simply termed Vibram soles.

Tiger

United States
New York
New York City
Are those in stock or did you have to get them MTO?
They were added to the C&J lineup in 2018. Placed the order with Pediwear, who in turn submits the order to the C&J factory. Takes a few weeks for production...

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts