peterc

United States
california
san francisco
Paul made them for anyone who asked without the special order charge.

peterc

United States
california
san francisco
Stopped off for a beer at a friend's place last night and showed him the boots. He was very impressed. My wife too thought they were beautiful.

Now, I almost wish I had ordered them in cordovan!

Also, to the poster who thinks they are too short, I respectfully disagree. The "shortness" is what I like on these. It makes walking much easier (at least for me) than taller boots do, so I would really advise anyone who is leaning towards these to get them now. They look, to me, like they should have cost $500.00.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Good advice but, at this point in time, is Paul still willing to make them up as special orders for those still left lusting for a pair? Or has this most gracious period of forbearance expired? :(

laufer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
^^
Good advice but, at this point in time, is Paul still willing to make them up as special orders for those still left lusting for a pair? Or has this most gracious period of forbearance expired? :(
I second that. Now I am interested too.

peterc

United States
california
san francisco
Send Paul an e-mail. If the special offer is not still on, my STRONG advice would be to pay the extra, which is I think $125.00. It is well worth it.

I am not too technically inclined, but my wife has a digital camera and I will get her to take a snap of my boots and post it so you can see them. When you do, I doubt you will be put off by the special order charge - if in fact it turns out to be necessary at all.

AE is fantastic. Most comfortable shoes I have ever worn, equalled only (maybe) by the Brooks shell cordovan cap toes I got last Christmas.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
One can but dream of the perfection reflected in a snuff suede version of those boots, equipped with a flex-welt sole! :thumbs-up:

laufer

Hi everyone, I have update on AE balmoral boots

I had glimpse of AE Fall 11 catalog today and I have good news and bad news. Good news the Fifth Street will be released into production this fall, bad news is it will be the Fifth Street in current height as we have seen it. This will probably disappoint those of you hoping for the little taller boot. In any case I am happy. I will probably buy another pair of two the current pair I already have I will have refracted with Vibram sole for the winter weather. DSCN0676.jpg

andy b.

United States
PA
Hazleton
I wonder what made Paul change his mind? I also wonder what the price will be?

I have to admit, I liked them when first presented a year ago, and I am seriously considering a pair in the fall. The shorter height is kind of growing on me. I'm still looking for a pair in a wingtip. :)

andy b.

Matt S

Connoisseur
United States
NY
New York
Hi everyone, I have update on AE balmoral boots

I had glimpse of AE Fall 11 catalog today and I have good news and bad news. Good news the Fifth Street will be released into production this fall, bad news is it will be the Fifth Street in current height as we have seen it. This will probably disappoint those of you hoping for the little taller boot. In any case I am happy. I will probably buy another pair of two the current pair I already have I will have refracted with Vibram sole for the winter weather. View attachment 2175
I would like to have seen a taller boot, but I was also disappointed when released to see that it wasn't a true balmoral boot either.

LanceW

This is very strange news. Paul was originally excited about this boot but when presented with zero orders from his resellers, he naturally pulled it from production. I can't imagine what would bring it back.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts