Ungentleman

Japan
Tokyo
Tokyo
I just got a very strange, incoherent email from O’Connell’s clothing. It looks like a textbook spam email, but it did come from their domain name. It also contained a link (which I did not open), supposedly to a PDF document. Has anyone else gotten something like this from them recently?

Tried calling them directly to verify, but both lines were busy.

Greg D

Starting Member
United States
CT
Milford
I got a similar email today and also another from O'Connells a few moments ago stating their email marketer's server was hacked. I deleted the "original" email.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
I received the two e-mails that GredD received.

The take-away: If you ever receive an e-mail from O’Connell’s announcing a 90%-off-everything sale, don’t jump for joy too soon.

Last edited:

At Law

United States
Nebraska
Omaha
I received the two e-mails that GredD received.

The take-away: If you ever receive an e-mail from O’Connell’s announcing a 90%-off-everything sale, don’t jump for joy too soon.
I just received an email from O'Connell's announcing a 90%-off-everything sale. I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was given them my Social Security Number, my address, my office address, my Tax ID, my mother's maiden name, and the name of my first pet.

Charles Dana

Honors Member
United States
California
San Francisco
I just received an email from O'Connell's announcing a 90%-off-everything sale. I couldn't believe it. All I had to do was given them my Social Security Number, my address, my office address, my Tax ID, my mother's maiden name, and the name of my first pet.
So tell us: What are you going to order?

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
I too got one this afternoon from O'Connell's, stating that I needed to pick up approximately $5000 from them by -- how else? -- clicking a link. The address from which the email came looked legit, so I am surmising that it was a spoofed email. I sometimes get spam calls from myself, which I always thought was a rather neat trick.

More to the point is how they got an address list to mail these things to -- I wonder if there was some overlap between that address list and the addresses of members of our Forum, or perhaps members who had also shopped at, or even emailed O'Connell's.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Over the years I would guess that I have made 50+ purchases from O'Connell's and quite a few of said purchases involved emails and/or phone calls. I'm sure that when O'Connell's data base was hacked that our respective email addresses were gained from that source. Just an opinion! ;)