O'Connell's Green Blazer

katch

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
I have been on the lookout for a forest green blazer as an alternative to the standard navy. Does anyone have any experience with the O'Connell's Classic Green blazer?

http://www.oconnellsclothing.com/O-Connell-s-Green-Blazer.html

I am tempted to pull the trigger, but also weighing biting the bullet and going Southwick Douglas MTM via Izzy @ L.S.

Thanks!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
O'Connell's navy blazer is well made and s very nice. I suspect their green blazer is just as well made, just green rather than blue!;)

Kennedy Jr. Jr.

New York, NY
United States
NY
New York
I don't have experience with the O'Connell's green blazer, but I have a hopsack (and simply sack) blazer in closer to Masters green and like it a lot as a summer alternative to navy. So I'm just throwing my support in for a green blazer in general. Go for it!

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
katch:

Just enter that golf tournament in Atlanta next year and win one! It'll be free.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Doesn’t just about every Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift store have a green blazer hanging on the rack for $2.99? Granted, not O’ Connell’s, but still....

Kennedy Jr. Jr.

New York, NY
United States
NY
New York
Doesn’t just about every Goodwill/Salvation Army/thrift store have a green blazer hanging on the rack for $2.99?
There are a ton of cheap green blazers out there. Not too many 3/2 sack blazers of good quality material, though. Also, keep in mind the O'Connell's green blazer is not Masters green - it's much darker, as indicated in the original post.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
There are a ton of cheap green blazers out there. Not too many 3/2 sack blazers of good quality material, though. Also, keep in mind the O'Connell's green blazer is not Masters green - it's much darker, as indicated in the original post.
Understood. I was being a little facetious.

katch

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
If anyone finds a forest green Green trad blazer in a 40L i’d gladly take it off your hands.