Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I know there is a preference for to the point, so here is: how is the feel and breathability of O'Connell's Khakis considering 50 percent polyester? I thought this forum was any any polyester?

How well do O'Connell's Khakis last?

Now for those who prefer long and drawn out posts, will explain why even asking. I have not had any contact with my biological "mother" Kimi in over two years, however, was informed by my Sister-in-law that my Brother had turned down the casserole cookbook and my Sister-in-law was not going to be a go between. This led to Kimi now coming for a few days (I didn't invite her) and so decided since she is supposedly sole beneficiary and has clout with the trustee, decided to mention my desperate plight of my lack of chinos. ;) To which she said she would inquire. However, have serious doubts, though one can dream, correct?

By the way, my serious consideration of O'Connell's is due to a recent thread.

winghus

United States
North Carolina
Greensboro
I know there is a preference for to the point, so here is: how is the feel and breathability of O'Connell's Khakis considering 50 percent polyester? I thought this forum was any any polyester?

How well do O'Connell's Khakis last?

Now for those who prefer long and drawn out posts, will explain why even asking. I have not had any contact with my biological "mother" Kimi in over two years, however, was informed by my Sister-in-law that my Brother had turned down the casserole cookbook and my Sister-in-law was not going to be a go between. This led to Kimi now coming for a few days (I didn't invite her) and so decided since she is supposedly sole beneficiary and has clout with the trustee, decided to mention my desperate plight of my lack of chinos. ;) To which she said she would inquire. However, have serious doubts, though one can dream, correct?

By the way, my serious consideration of O'Connell's is due to a recent thread.
I do not have direct experience with O'Connell's cotton/poly blend but they do vary quite a lot. I have a pair of Bill's blended that feel fine and a pair of Berle blended that feel like a garbage bag around my legs. I generally buy 100% cotton only but the Berle's were a mistake and the Bill's were an emergency buy.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
I have not experienced O'Connell's cotton-poly blend chinos, but their 100% cotton twill chinos are are more than satisfactory. Please note this assessment is based on a single pair. Frankly, Brooks Brother's 100% cotton Clarke's Advantage chinos are the brand I most often wear and the second place for chinos in my closet goes to our beloved Bill's Khakis, which are also quite satisfactory in terms of appearance and durability, but I think overpriced. ;)

paxonus

United States
California
Los Angeles
I have not experienced O'Connell's cotton-poly blend chinos, but their 100% cotton twill chinos are are more than satisfactory. Please note this assessment is based on a single pair. Frankly, Brooks Brother's 100% cotton Clarke's Advantage chinos are the brand I most often wear and the second place for chinos in my closet goes to our beloved Bill's Khakis, which are also quite satisfactory in terms of appearance and durability, but I think overpriced. ;)
I was a Clark's fan until I tried a slim fit Orvis. Construction is just as good and they still make them in 100% cotton. But the big advantage is the rise is about 1.5 inches longer.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
I do not have direct experience with O'Connell's cotton/poly blend but they do vary quite a lot. I have a pair of Bill's blended that feel fine and a pair of Berle blended that feel like a garbage bag around my legs. I generally buy 100% cotton only but the Berle's were a mistake and the Bill's were an emergency buy.
As I understand from reading on this forum, Berle is who manufactures them, so if the blend feels like plastic bag, then myself not willing to take the risk. Appreciate knowing this and avoiding a costly mistake.

Now that Kimi is changing the rules to has to be a brick and mortar (as I said expected the rules to change) appreciate another option as saw Brooks Brother's last night at the Rack. I did try and educate her on how consumerism killing small business, to no avail.

I have a pair of Bill's Khaki's though so expensive I hardly wear them... Clicked on one of the suggestions when creating this post which compares the two and the claim is O'Connell's are more durable. And yes, looking back see over priced, fooled by marketing and not knowing of this forum all those years ago.

I was a Clark's fan until I tried a slim fit Orvis. Construction is just as good and they still make them in 100% cotton. But the big advantage is the rise is about 1.5 inches longer.
With my disproportionately large thighs, my leaning is toward fuller cuts. Are the Orvis mid or higher mid? I found out I long waisted so now trying to avoid low rise plus realizing mid rise will be low rise for me.

paxonus

United States
California
Los Angeles
As I understand from reading on this forum, Berle is who manufactures them, so if the blend feels like plastic bag, then myself not willing to take the risk. Appreciate knowing this and avoiding a costly mistake.

Now that Kimi is changing the rules to has to be a brick and mortar (as I said expected the rules to change) appreciate another option as saw Brooks Brother's last night at the Rack. I did try and educate her on how consumerism killing small business, to no avail.

I have a pair of Bill's Khaki's though so expensive I hardly wear them... Clicked on one of the suggestions when creating this post which compares the two and the claim is O'Connell's are more durable. And yes, looking back see over priced, fooled by marketing and not knowing of this forum all those years ago.

With my disproportionately large thighs, my leaning is toward fuller cuts. Are the Orvis mid or higher mid? I found out I long waisted so now trying to avoid low rise plus realizing mid rise will be low rise for me.
The Orvis are a high rise--they sit almost at my navel. Their trim fit is very close to the BB Clark fit, leaning toward fuller rather than smaller. The regular cut is about 1.5 inch fuller in hip and 1 inch fuller in thigh and leg.

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
The Orvis are a high rise--they sit almost at my navel. Their trim fit is very close to the BB Clark fit, leaning toward fuller rather than smaller. The regular cut is about 1.5 inch fuller in hip and 1 inch fuller in thigh and leg.
Fantastic, appreciate the clarification.

Interesting high rise, seemed like for the longest time all one could find is low and occasionally mid rise. I didn't know the comfort of high rise until put on Opa's DB suit, now loath anything which sits on or below the hips.

If was to go with Orvis, would accept the fact would have to do a return, as have to try the two cuts and see which fit (32 1/2" waist, 36 1/4" hips, and 40" seat).

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville

The nice thing about O’Connell’s is their trousers come in 3 different rise options. If you are long waisted, the L rise may be a true high-rise pant for you. If you don’t like them, returns are easy and you are just out shipping costs. Give them a call; they are great and will give you the measurements you need over the phone so you can make a decision before placing an order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adriel Rowley

United States
AZ
Mesa
The nice thing about O’Connell’s is their trousers come in 3 different rise options. If you are long waisted, the L rise may be a true high-rise pant for you. If you don’t like them, returns are easy and you are just out shipping costs. Give them a call; they are great and will give you the measurements you need over the phone so you can make a decision before placing an order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am 6'-1 1/2" if makes any difference. In everything else gotten a long so was going to do the same.

As to calling them, don't feel right if not going to go through with a purchase; time on the telephone costs them money.

Finally got a budget out of Kimi, $100. So now thinking, what if went to a brick and mortar, got something, made sure had the receipt, and after left returned, then use it for what I really want? I know not good for the store, though sometimes you got to take the lesser of the two weevils.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts