32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
How many watts?

(Photo not mine.) I also scored a pair of 1970s-vintage original Baby Advents to pair with my large Advents. I love Advent loudspeakers. I picked up the Babys for $50 yesterday in Goodwill--they work, sound lovely, and they have the original grill and Advent metal stickers--as well as the original paper that Advent used to staple to the back side.

I did a sound comparison between the large and the Babys. The large ones are definitely a bit louder, but the sound from both is incredibly alike.

Duvel

Connoisseur
United States
Iowa
Newton
How many watts?
Back in the day (mid-70s) when I shopped speakers a lot, I was told the 3s could handle up to around 100 wpc. I'm not sure I believe that, but then again, I'm not much of an audio techie.

My guess is they're not all that efficient.

I run these and my Large Advents from a Yamaha CR620 Receiver and I don't hear any distortion, bottoming out, etc. Then again, I don't play my music at foundation shattering volumes either.

g3org3y

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
UK
SE
London
Your pictures are really great. I would have assumed stock but even that would not blend as well with borders. Whatever you are doing keep it up and if I ever decide to open an EBAY store, I am heading your way for advice. Only Brianpore on TOF is better when he does his 360 degree photos.
Not my photos! Hotlinked from the vendor'ssite (apart from the first which I had to rehost on photobucket).

Duvel

Connoisseur
United States
Iowa
Newton
Today's loot:

1, A Royal Scot Lowland Coat (waxed) (made in Scotland)

2, an LL Bean Heritage Sweater, Irish Fisherman's Crewneck

3. a steel-grey London Fog single-breasted raincoat

Early winter, come on... give me your best shot.

Last edited:

CornoUltimo

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Fresno
Today's thrifting has brought in some good things:
[/URL][/IMG] J Crew Madras shorts, totally worth it for less than $3;
[/URL][/IMG] lucky jeans in extremely good condition
[/URL][/IMG]A pair of chocolate cords from LL Bean
[/URL][/IMG] A vintage flannel 2 button sack form local menswear store
[/URL][/IMG] Last but certainly not least, a pair of vintage Nettleton gunboats.

Howard

Connoisseur
United States
New York
Bayside
I went shopping for a few things and I bought 1 pair of Beverly Hills Polo Club lounge pants

Beverly Hills Polo Club shirt

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Alas, I violated my self imposed shopping hiatus, to purchase two BB woven cotton, D-Ring belts; one in a navy and red pattern and the second in a navy and green pattern. Originally priced at $50, I picked them up for a pittance at $9.73 apiece...and they should be suitable for a more tropical wardrobe! ;)

Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
Today's loot:

Interested to hear more about this if you have the opportunity. Similar to a Barbour? Pics?

Color? Loden or Natural. This is a nice looking sweater. I have seen similar before but to be honest, was kind of hesitant at this price point to go Bean. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Duvel

Connoisseur
United States
Iowa
Newton
1. Similar to Barbour, slightly bigger fit overall, in my estimation. I'll work on some pics. Rain expected next week, so maybe some in the wild shots.

2. Loden, although I wouldn't mind the natural. And yes, worth every penny, imho. Hefty and well-made, and so warm you feel like you're wearing a furnace.

Today's loot:

Interested to hear more about this if you have the opportunity. Similar to a Barbour? Pics?

Color? Loden or Natural. This is a nice looking sweater. I have seen similar before but to be honest, was kind of hesitant at this price point to go Bean. Your thoughts?

Thanks

Spin Evans

United States
Florida
Osceola County
For my Birthday last week, my girlfriend bought this pretty little thing from pre-lobotomy A&F.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts