phyrpowr

Honors Member
United States
North Carolina
Charlotte
Oh, no, indeed!! Where will I find cheap alpha-sized cotton imports in the mall now?

Oh, wait, I remember now....every third store.

joenobody0

United States
Michigan
Ann Arbor
It's tough to do business these days. Almost as if we're in a recession...

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
I think some of these retailers may do well to try to go a bit upscale as the competition at the lower end is far more nimble and cheap.

vpkozel

United States
NC
Charlotte
The difference being?
Generally quality by a little and price by a good bit. But you would expect that from the same company.

I actually love Old Navy - even more so before they started mixing in man made fabrics too much. It is a great place to teach your kids the joy and beauty of picking out their own clothes, why things go together, and developing their own style. And you can do it all for a reasonable price with clothes that will more than likely outlast their short time in them. Their tees and long sleeve tees were an awesome deal when they were 100% cotton.

WillBarrett

United States
ALABAMA
Birmingham
Little bummed about this - I worked at both GAP and Banana Republic. When I first started at GAP fifteen years ago, one coul still acquire lots of basics - even preppy in style - for reasonable prices and the clothes were durable enough.

Things have gone completely off the rails now, and I'm not sure the brand can bring them back.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts