benjclark

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Omaha, Nebraska
United States
Nebraska
Omaha
I love the Omega Speedy Pro and historical watches generally. Watches are often part of the daily in and out of a man's life, and there is something special about whatever a guy chooses to strap onto his wrist. Anyway, last week I had a museum conference and found myself at the Cosmosphere in Hutchison, Kansas.

If you've never been, it's a space museum, and it's amazing. They claim to have more Soviet related space artifacts than anyone else outside of Moscow (I believe it!). I got to see V1 and V2 rockets, many flown space suits and other items, lots of space vehicles, and, perhaps of more interest here: Alan Shepard's Omega Speedmaster Professional.

HUGE speedy greets you as you come in:

The way this is worded made me a little suspect, but I guess it really is the one Alan Shepard wore on the moon! Cool!

Tempest

Honors Member
United States
NJ
Windham Park
I had no idea that there was advertising in museums nowadays.

clark_kent

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
Staten Island
Did you happen to see JFK's famous omega?

32rollandrock

Connoisseur
United States
illinois
springfield
I presume you hate Christianity, because the message is clearly incredibly insulting.
Didn't find insulting at all, and I don't hate Christianity. It made me laugh. If necessary we can take this to the Interchange, but why do you find it insulting?

Let's not forget, the artist (who was not heterosexual, which is an affront to some Christians) was, presumably, paid a fair amount of money for the original work--he profited from religion, which some might find blasphemous. SG, on the other hand, was paid nothing. I'm just sayin'.

End of the day, my favorite Christians are the ones who are most tolerant.

Shaver

Connoisseur
England
Manchester
Now that's funny!
No. It is puerile.

And worse, it lacks imagination.

For a much richer, and achingly profound, exploration of similar themes I recommend the Chapman brothers' sublime diorama Arbeit McFries.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts