Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Thanks to all who've enjoyed this journey with me through a part of Paul Stuart's beautiful history. But as the new website does not allow me to post additional full size images, I don't believe there's much point in continuing it. :(

Best wishes to all who've enjoyed it!

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
Thanks to all who've enjoyed this journey with me through a part of Paul Stuart's beautiful history. But as the new website does not allow me to post additional full size images, I don't believe there's much point in continuing it. :(

Best wishes to all who've enjoyed it!
Thank you for a great thread - have enjoyed it immensely.

So far, I haven't noticed a change in how I post pics (except that they immediately show up in the box when I import them versus having to click on "Full Image"), but I know there are different ways to import and all sorts of wonkiness can happen depending on the source. Long way of saying, I'm sorry it's putting an end to this thread.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Given the new format, you may want to play around with it's features for a bit before you decide to close a rather interesting thread. My reason(s) for pointing this out are decidedly selfish....as does Fading Fast, I enjoy the thread! When I initially tried to post several pictures, after the platform updates, I was rewarded with an advisory telling me the format was too large. By cropping the photos just a bit, I was able to get them to post. Paraphrasing the great , but fictional character Forrest Gump, "when it comes to computers, I am not a smart man!" If I can get it to work I'm pretty sure anyone can do so! Besides if you keep the thread going, I won't be forced to do this...😭

PS: My technical advisor in solving this challenge was our granddaughter. The youngin's have computers in their DNA!

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Thank you for a great thread - have enjoyed it immensely.

So far, I haven't noticed a change in how I post pics (except that they immediately show up in the box when I import them versus having to click on "Full Image"), but I know there are different ways to import and all sorts of wonkiness can happen depending on the source. Long way of saying, I'm sorry it's putting an end to this thread.
You're very welcome!

Given the new format, you may want to play around with it's features for a bit before you decide to close a rather interesting thread. My reason(s) for pointing this out are decidedly selfish....as does Fading Fast, I enjoy the thread! When I initially tried to post several pictures, after the platform updates, I was rewarded with an advisory telling me the format was too large. By cropping the photos just a bit, I was able to get them to post. Paraphrasing the great , but fictional character Forrest Gump, "when it comes to computers, I am not a smart man!" If I can get it to work I'm pretty sure anyone can do so! Besides if you keep the thread going, I won't be forced to do this...😭

PS: My technical advisor in solving this challenge was our granddaughter. The youngin's have computers in their DNA!
Yes, that's the problem I experienced as well. Reducing the size of an image also reduces the amount of information required to display it. I prefer to post the image as intended. This wasn't a problem on the prior platform, but obviously, it is now.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Sorry to hear that, but while change may sometimes be inconvenient, alas it is also inevitable. Let us hope the good outweighs the bad with this latest upgrade.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Dormant for about 2 months, I thought I’d revive this thread, as I saw an outfit that might stir some nostalgia within Flanderian’s soul.

1567620840973.png

Classic, simple and elegant! And yes, it’s a current offering. Paul Stuart still understands its customer and offers classics while still staying relevant.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Dormant for about 2 months, I thought I’d revive this thread, as I saw an outfit that might stir some nostalgia within Flanderian’s soul.

View attachment 34351

Classic, simple and elegant! And yes, it’s a current offering. Paul Stuart still understands its customer and offers classics while still staying relevant.
Yes, it does!

Very nice shirt jacket type garment, useful to fellows in my circumstances. Loosen up that fit, throw in double pleats, and I'm off to the races!

I've had to curtail my contributions to this thread as the new site platform can't handle the size files created by my scanner. My experience is that it gags on files sizes larger than 200K, and I believe my scanners files sizes are in the megs! :eek:

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts