Tempest

Honors Member
Hence the name!!!
Actually, my heels don't allow me to successfully wear loafers, but last time I tried I used dimes as I prefer silver hardware.

Gurdon

Perhaps with retro turned up never washed STF expensive selvage traditional fit jeans. People put pennies in their loafers in 1960 when I was in high school.

On the other hand, if one wants to put pennies in loafers go for it.

Gurdon

dks202

I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......

Joey Kendrick

dks202, that's the greatest story I've ever heard. :icon_smile:

I once put pennies in my Waldens on a dare from a professor and never could go back to coinless. I wear penny loafers 95% of the time and both pairs I own (brown and burgundy) are adorned with Buffalo nickels.

Because, well... Inflation.

nibo

I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......
That's an amazing moment.

I myself use pennies, I don't use shiny ones though it looks weird. Most my shoes have tod coins.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

romeo

Can somebody tell me significance of these penny's I have a couple of these loafers but I never thought of putting anything in them to me it just feels cheap or just plain old stupid sorry for being so harsh.

immanuelrx

[
Originally Posted by dks202
I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......]

Wow. Sounds like a keeper. What happened to the comment?

nibo

One story I heard was that back in the day, college students would keep a penny there to call home or a friend if stranded and drunk.
This is correct. It originated with sailors I believe.

Can somebody tell me significance of these penny's I have a couple of these loafers but I never thought of putting anything in them to me it just feels cheap or just plain old stupid sorry for being so harsh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
Kudos to her - that is a girl with a fun attitude.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.