Ann Arbor
Do you gents generally put pennies in your loafers? :confused2:

Tempest

Honors Member
United States
NJ
Windham Park
Hence the name!!!
Actually, my heels don't allow me to successfully wear loafers, but last time I tried I used dimes as I prefer silver hardware.

Gurdon

United States
California
Forestville
Perhaps with retro turned up never washed STF expensive selvage traditional fit jeans. People put pennies in their loafers in 1960 when I was in high school.

On the other hand, if one wants to put pennies in loafers go for it.

Gurdon

dks202

United States
tx
San Antonio
I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......

Joey Kendrick

United States
Kansas (KS)
Overland Park
dks202, that's the greatest story I've ever heard. :icon_smile:

I once put pennies in my Waldens on a dare from a professor and never could go back to coinless. I wear penny loafers 95% of the time and both pairs I own (brown and burgundy) are adorned with Buffalo nickels.

Because, well... Inflation.

Roycru

United States
California
Los Angeles
I still use pennies, but as others have mentioned, adjusted for inflation, pennies are no longer adequate........

Zinc2005

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Ann Arbor
Haha! Perhaps a neatly folded Treasury Inflation-Protected Bond certificate?

Orsini

Honors Member
United States
California
Lawndale
I often wondered about this.

How about Krugerrands?

nibo

I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......
That's an amazing moment.

I myself use pennies, I don't use shiny ones though it looks weird. Most my shoes have tod coins.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts