momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
Why not be authentic, and use coins from the country of manufacture?

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
Should the coin match the metal of your watch and belt buckle?

romeo

United States
New York
NY
Can somebody tell me significance of these penny's I have a couple of these loafers but I never thought of putting anything in them to me it just feels cheap or just plain old stupid sorry for being so harsh.

momsdoc

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Ocean
One story I heard was that back in the day, college students would keep a penny there to call home or a friend if stranded and drunk.

Stubbly

United States
East of Eden
Lakeview
To me, it seems corny. I wouldn't do it. To each is own.

immanuelrx

Belgium
Hainaut
Jurbise
[
Originally Posted by dks202
I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......]

Wow. Sounds like a keeper. What happened to the comment?

nibo

One story I heard was that back in the day, college students would keep a penny there to call home or a friend if stranded and drunk.
This is correct. It originated with sailors I believe.

Can somebody tell me significance of these penny's I have a couple of these loafers but I never thought of putting anything in them to me it just feels cheap or just plain old stupid sorry for being so harsh.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I never had put pennies in my shoes until......A girlfriend saw me for the first time in my Aldens shells. We were at a bar. All of a sudden she dropped to her knees and the joint became silent. She then fished a couple of pennies from her purse, and inserted them into my shoes. After that she stood up. That was it.....DANG......
Kudos to her - that is a girl with a fun attitude.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts