Penny loafers with shorts and a sport shirt?

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Livonia
4E577F40-F130-4342-B4B3-3F4916F4DC58.png 44A092F4-DE49-441B-A2C0-2E8A715BE62D.png What’s everyone’s thoughts on pairing “dress” shorts, a sports shirt (sleeves rolled) and penny loafers?

Jeff

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
I haven’t broken in my driving Mocs yet, and the penny loafers I have tend to run more on the casual side.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
I gotcha. I’ve worn the Advantage chinos with these loafers, and just bought some shorts, navy and tan.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
It is a classic Trad look in the summer, especially in the south and on the Eastern seaboard. As the days get warmer and then hotter it is sensible to wear more comfortable clothing. There is also a certain group that find this to be the perfect outfit for Guccis. I like the sockless Gucci look better on young guys trying to look sophisticated than I do on guys of my age pretending they are young, but hey, that’s just me.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
So the shorts and loafers go together in your opinion?

Tod Hackett

It is a classic Trad look in the summer, especially in the south and on the Eastern seaboard. As the days get warmer and then hotter it is sensible to wear more comfortable clothing. There is also a certain group that find this to be the perfect outfit for Guccis.
TKI67, definitive and canonical as always.

I would only add that south of the Mason-Dixon Line, you aren't doing it quite right unless it is with a PRL multi-colore pony OCBD