EBIKERBLUE

Starting Member
I really like the preppy look- espcially wearing dress penny or tassled loafers without socks- they go great with chinos, jeans, dress shirt and a blazer for a dressier look. Any opinions?

mpcsb

Inactive User
There are lots of threads over at the Trad Forum for you to read. It's easy to do a search to access good information and opinions.

tinytim

United States
Ohio
Cleveland
I really like the preppy look- espcially wearing dress penny or tassled loafers without socks- they go great with chinos, jeans, dress shirt and a blazer for a dressier look. Any opinions?
+1

It's very trad look.

babycatcher

IMO are harmful to your sartorial health.
Ironically, they will be around years after everyone in the forum is long dead, however. They are, more accurately, the cure for the fashion-forward faux pas:

I recommend the Alden 986. With minimal care, they will give you 20+ years of great wear.

BC

Daveboxster

preppy look

This is how I primarily dressed in high school and college. I wore a lot of argyle socks with my jeans and penny loafers. Personally, I couldn't stand not wearing socks with my penny loafers. My feet were nasty and the shoes smelled like... well, you know.

With all the great patterns out there, you can have a lot of fun with your look. Solids are also great, but I'm not a big fan of bright pastel-colored socks.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts