rhz

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
California
Oakland
Hello, everyone.

As the title of the post states, I'm in the market for some new pants. I have extremely slender legs/thighs and ironing (or going to a dry cleaner) is really not an option.

One of the only possibilities that I have seen is lands-end:

https://www.landsend.com/products/mens-slim-fit-plain-front-no-iron-chino-pants/id_320437

which is out of my waist size (~33). I also noticed Charles Tyrwhitt non-iron slim and extra slim chinos:

https://www.ctshirts.com/us/mens-casualwear/pants/chinos/non-iron/

which I'm willing to try. Unfortunately, these come in two inch waist increments, and I strongly suspect (after having looked at the exact waist sizes for 32" and 34") that I'm in between sizes.

Lastly, I tried some Dockers slim fits, but they were quite baggy.

Can anyone offer any additional options? Your help is most appreciated!

-rhz

cortman

United States
Missouri
LOZ
Charles Tyrwhitt chinos are excellent. I have a pair myself. Very well made.
Land's end I found to be quite slim. Didn't work for me. With the build you describe they'd probably be perfect for you.
I also am a big fan of Bonobos slim fit. They're definitely more pricey but the fit is fantastic, and quality and construction seem excellent as well.

rhz

United States
California
Oakland
Charles Tyrwhitt chinos are excellent. I have a pair myself. Very well made.
Land's end I found to be quite slim. Didn't work for me. With the build you describe they'd probably be perfect for you.
I also am a big fan of Bonobos slim fit. They're definitely more pricey but the fit is fantastic, and quality and construction seem excellent as well.
Thank you for responding. Are the Bonobos chinos non-iron?

Thanks again!

rhz

United States
California
Oakland
Thank you for responding. Are the Bonobos chinos non-iron?

Thanks again!

Oh, I see from Nordstrom that they are indeed non-iron. Thank you!

Adelstensfostre

Norway
Østfold
Fredrikstad
I'm curious as to why ironing is really not an option? I'm not exactly dead keen on ironing myself, but chinos has to be the quickest and easiest garment there is to iron. I'd say I spend about 2-4 minutes on a pair.

Also, having owned a good few pairs of non-iron chinos through the years I'm of the opinion that there's no such beast as a non-iron chino. Sooner of later, usually very much sooner, they will require ironing if you want to exit the front door in a presentable state.

rhz

United States
California
Oakland
Haggar Men's LK Life Slim-Fit Twill Pant, Khaki, 33x30 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O8SDGRE/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_3UKIAbDAYC00Q

Seems ridiculous. Cheap brand, part poly. However, the cloth is real soft and comfortable, does not look shiny at all, and the fit on these is great.

These are my secret shame. :D fortunately they fit me so well and don't have the shine of poly, so nobody would know.
Funny you should mention those! I recently tried them. They were baggy on me, but did seem like a great value. Your post prompted me to check their site. Looks like they have a slim no-iron I didn't know about. Thanks.

Last edited:

rhz

United States
California
Oakland
I'm curious as to why ironing is really not an option? I'm not exactly dead keen on ironing myself, but chinos has to be the quickest and easiest garment there is to iron. I'd say I spend about 2-4 minutes on a pair.

Also, having owned a good few pairs of non-iron chinos through the years I'm of the opinion that there's no such beast as a non-iron chino. Sooner of later, usually very much sooner, they will require ironing if you want to exit the front door in a presentable state.
Perhaps I'm being naive, but I am hoping that it won't come down to ironing--I just hate it. Maybe that's not a good answer, but I just have an allergy toward it.

Slim Jim

United States
Nj
South
Bills M3 are a great slim fit. They even have some M4’s that are even slimmer.
What about ordering from Charles Tyrwhitt and take them in an inch?