[Poll] Which of these three dress shirts should I pick?

Which of these three dress shirts should I pick?

• Tommy Hilfiger blue stripe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kenneth Cole big check

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

akwmek

United States
georgia
atlanta
I'm looking to add a workhorse dress shirt that I can wear very regularly to work, maybe around once a week. So I need it to be versatile in terms of color and pattern, and be reasonably conservative for business purpose.
Right now, my most frequently worn dress shirts are,
- Solid white
- Solid light blue
- Solid light pink

So far, I have narrowed down my choice to these three, and I'm not sure what to pick.
Tommy Hilfiger blue stripe
Calvin Klein small check
Kenneth Cole big check
Calvin Klein solid grayish green
Calvin Klein solid gray

Based on what I'm looking for and what I have, which of those do you guys like the best?

Edit - I have added two more

Thank you!

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Entirely disregarding all issues of quality, value, fit or collar, and considering just the color and pattern of the cloth itself, the most versatile is likely to be the small check. Ordinarily, a blue stripe would be more so, but this is a dual stripe with one of them being a somewhat funky aqua which will complicate and limit accessorizing.

The check is small enough, and the color enough a pure, clear blue, that it should work with many ties and jackets.

JBierly

Advanced Member
United States
Tennessee
Chattanooga
Flanderian is spot on - small check is the best. The Hilfiger is a bit funky on the color and the Kenneth Cole is a bit more casual.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Of the three given and the qualities you're looking for, the Calvin Klein.

I honestly don't mind the Tommy Hilfiger shirt. It's just that I've found that wearing a striped shirt casually is a bit odd.

3piece

United States
CA
Irvine
What's your business ensemble? Suit and tie? Sport coat sans tie?

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
Small check is the best. I'd put the stripe 2nd if you found one with a simple blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk