Porsche Carreras

John M

United States
New Jersey
Eatontown
So I wanted to know what people here know if anything about Porsche Carrera shades. The reason that I have gained an interest in them is because they were the choice of eyewear for Ric Flair and Gino Hernandez in the 1980s. They were two pro wrestlers who basically lived the lifestyle of decadence in that decade and Flair continues to do so.

So... Porsche Carreras...

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
Umm...well...if that’s the reason for your interest in them, uh...not much to say I guess. Oh, and Flair almost checked out recently, so if your assumption is that the sunglasses will provide invincibility despite decadence, you have larger issues than can likely be addressed in this forum.

John M

United States
New Jersey
Eatontown
Umm...well...if that’s the reason for your interest in them, uh...not much to say I guess. Oh, and Flair almost checked out recently, so if your assumption is that the sunglasses will provide invincibility despite decadence, you have larger issues than can likely be addressed in this forum.
Heh funny... I am well aware of what Ric Flair has become, but I was curious on the history behind the sunglasses. I expected this sort of snobbish response though.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Heh funny... I am well aware of what Ric Flair has become, but I was curious on the history behind the sunglasses. I expected this sort of snobbish response though.
Then why did you ask?

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
If your purchasing decisions are driven by the need to or urge for buying an image presented by others go for it, but frankly, The Porsche Carrera designs are not unique. You can acquire a similar look, of better quality and for less money by shopping other brands. Don't allow the marketing bozo's to make a fool out of you! Just a thought. ;)

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Alexandria
I would not buy anything because someone else does and certainly not a celebrity.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
By the way, the “history” behind it is that they were big in the 1980’s.

You’re the one who brought up Ric Flair so please don’t insult anyone should they use that as a reference point in their reply.

Tom3

United States
North Carolina
Asheville
Was really hoping this thread would be about cars...
My Porsche Carrera is a 31 year old Targa, and was my daily driver into the 21st century, but my sun glasses until recently were Ray-Ban Aviators.
I remember feeling that "Porsche Designed" products were only there for the money.
HTH.
Tom