Woofa

United States
Texas
Fort Worth
I am not sure what everyone here has been meaning about the buttons unbuttoned. You would never wear a dress shirt with the sleeves unbuttoned unless you are rolling up the sleeves. You should button the buttons.
There are two factors at play here, the length of the actual sleeve and then the circumference of the cuff when buttoned. The sleeve should allow extra fabric for extension of your arm (although not excessive) and then the buttoned cuff should leave enough room so that the end of the cuff hits the curve of your hand to stop it from dropping down over your hand. Most men seem to like having ¼ to ½ an inch of shirt cuff showing when wearing their jacket. Wearing jewelry such as a watch can affect the circumference of the sleeve as well.

never behind

United States
IN
Zionsville
I am not sure what everyone here has been meaning about the buttons unbuttoned. You would never wear a dress shirt with the sleeves unbuttoned unless you are rolling up the sleeves. You should button the buttons.
There are two factors at play here, the length of the actual sleeve and then the circumference of the cuff when buttoned. The sleeve should allow extra fabric for extension of your arm (although not excessive) and then the buttoned cuff should leave enough room so that the end of the cuff hits the curve of your hand to stop it from dropping down over your hand. Most men seem to like having ¼ to ½ an inch of shirt cuff showing when wearing their jacket. Wearing jewelry such as a watch can affect the circumference of the sleeve as well.
What I am referring to is determining how long the sleeve should be. When the cuff is unbuttoned, the sleeve should hit right at the first thumb joint. Once buttoned that length should give you the right amount of extra sleeve length for movement. I found it good advice to help me figure out the right sleeve length (for my always buttoned cuffs).

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts