Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.

ratioclothing

United States
Colorado
Denver
[AAAC] The Official Ratio Clothing Thread. Discussing all things related to the brand, including product announcements. Members may use this thread to ask questions directly to staff.

----- Brand Information -----

Hi Everyone,

Eric here, I’m the founder of Ratio Clothing. We’ve worked with quite a few forum members over the years, starting first with @Jovan who introduced us here back in 2011, and we’re honored to support the community as a sponsor.

Going back to when I first started to do research for the company in 2009, I found myself on these pages as part of my learning process. The knowledge within this community really is impressive, and we’re excited to play a part in that where we can.

We’ll share plenty more in the coming weeks and months, but here’s some basic info about us to get you started:

60 Seconds to a Perfect Fit
Our sizing survey, which takes about 60 seconds to complete, has been refined over tens of thousands of fittings, but a human tailor still plays a vital role in every new customer size.

Our experts (sometimes me!) will review every new customer profile for things that go beyond simple measurements and statistics to give customers the best of both worlds, which we believe delivers the best results in online custom clothing.

Guaranteed Perfect Fit
We’ll alter or remake your first shirt for free if anything is not to your precise liking.

More Shirt, Less Brand Markup
Our goal is to offer the best value in custom shirts by investing more of the shirt’s retail price in the actual garment, not in expensive marketing campaigns, splashy photoshoots or big brand markups. We’re a small team that runs lean to make this possible, because we want to put as much as we can into the actual product as possible.

Our Quality and Manufacturing
We currently make all of our shirts in the US and source fabrics from reputable, ethical vendors worldwide.

Our Designs
We bring a classic, understated approach to custom clothing. We’re perhaps best known for our Campus Oxfords (starting at $98), which are especially popular among the forum members here (try one with an unlined Fitzgerald Button Down for a truly classic OCBD). We offer hundreds of designs from top mills that go from very casual (flannels and chambrays) to the highest-end Thomas Mason shirting.

We'll share plenty more in the coming weeks and months, but I'm here to offer support and answer questions where I can.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you,

Eric

Last edited:

mikel

Partner / Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Los Angeles
Please join me in welcoming @ratioclothing to Ask Andy About Clothes!!

Be sure to check out their proprietary "60 Seconds to a perfect fit" sizing questionnaire.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
Made in the USA certainly sits well with me and the company's "60 seconds to a perfect fit questionaire intrigues me. :icon_scratch:

ratioclothing

United States
Colorado
Denver
Do they have free shipping?
We do! Free shipping within the US on all orders for the time being.

Just as a heads-up: we may end up switching this to "Free shipping on orders above $x" in the somewhat near future as shipping costs climb, though that would probably be paired with a "Free shipping on your first order" offer.

ratioclothing

United States
Colorado
Denver
Made in the USA certainly sits well with me and the company's "60 seconds to a perfect fit questionaire intrigues me. :icon_scratch:
Our sizing process has evolved quite a bit since we first launched. If you dig through the mentions here in this very forum, you'll see that we initially launched with sort of an MTM-lite approach. Our thinking back then was that most people would benefit from a simpler process for 80+% of the benefits, even though our system behind the scenes as always fully MTM.

While that worked reasonably well, we found pretty quickly that most of our clients wanted more control, so I ended up working directly to clients to determine their sizing needs. That process followed a pattern of me asking similar questions and using my intuition and tailoring knowledge to fine-tune their sizing. Some customers would offer known body measurements or their off-the-rack sizes, or typical issues they run into with OTR sizing.

Ultimately, we decided to systematize those questions and use our own knowledge and some statistical/machine learning analysis to use the survey responses to automatically generate a size (I'm a programmer and a bit of a data geek on top of the shirt obsession).

But, we still really believe in the essential human elements of fine tailoring, which is why one of our tailoring experts reviews every new profile and can make qualitative assessments based on any information provided by our clients that goes beyond the "basics" including reviewing photos or notes that don't fit neatly into a survey.

We firmly believe that this "best of both worlds" approach gives our clients the best result on online custom shirting, while still retaining the ease-of-use that was essential to our initial vision.

Hope that long-winded explanation gives you some good insight into our process!

Eric

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
Difference between Fitz and Regular Collar?

Can you give details on collar specs between the two? Point length, button-button spread, band height?

Do you do clean back shirts, no box pleat?

The shipping page is busted. What are shipping costs to Canada?

Is it possible to expand the hip measurement for a shirt for wearing tucked/untucked? I have a relatively bigger bum to my chest and shoulders compared to most other men.

ratioclothing

United States
Colorado
Denver
Difference between Fitz and Regular Collar?

Can you give details on collar specs between the two? Point length, button-button spread, band height?

Do you do clean back shirts, no box pleat?

The shipping page is busted. What are shipping costs to Canada?

Is it possible to expand the hip measurement for a shirt for wearing tucked/untucked? I have a relatively bigger bum to my chest and shoulders compared to most other men.
Main difference between the two is collar length: 3.5" for Fitz, 3" for regular. You can see full specs and photos of each here:

Fitzgerald BD
Regular BD

Sorry about that broken link: we pushed an update to the footer on the site last night. It's fixed now. But to answer your question, we ship to Canada for $19.95 flat via USPS Priority. Customers are responsible for HST/PST and local handling, but since our shirts are made in the US they should come in without duties. We're currently exploring an option using Fedex that would allow us to charge HST/PST at the time of purchase, but that might be a few months away still.

Regarding hip/seat measurement -- definitely! That's an option available in your Blueprint once you're signed-up.

Clean Back/No Box Pleat: That is our default styling, but you can optionally add side pleats, box pleat, or a box pleat w/ a locker loop. Those options are all available within your Blueprint.

Eric

Last edited:

delicious_scent

Canada
Saskatchewan
Regina
Main difference between the two is collar length: 3.5" for Fitz, 3" for regular. You can see full specs and photos of each here:

Fitzgerald BD
Regular BD

Sorry about that broken link: we pushed an update to the footer on the site last night. It's fixed now. But to answer your question, we ship to Canada for $19.95 flat via USPS Priority. Customers are responsible for HST/PST and local handling, but since our shirts are made in the US they should come in without duties. We're currently exploring an option using Fedex that would allow us to charge HST/PST at the time of purchase, but that might be a few months away still.

Regarding hip/seat measurement -- definitely! That's an option available in your Blueprint once you're signed-up.

Clean Back/No Box Pleat: That is our default styling, but you can optionally add side pleats, box pleat, or a box pleat w/ a locker loop. Those options are all available within your Blueprint.

Eric
Awesome, thank you so much for the info Eric

Status
Not open for further replies. To continue this discussion, please create a new thread.