Dcr5468

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I was looking for a pair of replacement Irish Setter boots for bird hunting and casual use, but while researching was rapidly drawn to the vast options for Russell, which are MTM. Unfortunately I missed a fitting at my gun club in August.

Anyone have experience with their self measuring process and overall quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I have about five pairs currently and have worn out at least two more. Get the catalog. Follow the directions. The boots will fit like you've owned them for years. Mine have been everywhere from Mozambique to the Arctic Circle--different boot types, of course. I love Russell.

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
The boots, you probably couldn't. I wore out two pairs of dress moccasins. My own fault, really. I didn't know how to take care of shoes then.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
I have a pair of Russell moccasin boots and they are outstanding in every way. I have had them for years and sent them in to be re-soled twice. Great fit, great service, best boot I have ever owned.

Cheers,

BSR

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
That's pretty much my experience. I have PHII's, Insulated Mountain Boots, and three pair of walking shoes. Get the Munson last. It is sooooo nice on the feet.

drlivingston

Connoisseur
I own a pair, but never wear them. However, I can tell that of all the shoes that I thrift, two brands sell the fastest... Alden and Russell Moccasin. They have almost a cult-like following.

Dcr5468

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Baffled that some pairs sell for almost as much as new in a well worn vintage condition - it's a made to measure boot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
^^
Kevin's is an incredible source for quality sportswear and outdoor paraphernalia. I've picked up ties, shot shell and embroidered belts, several shirts from them and have been pining for years for the tufted leather, folding campaign chair they offer for sale. What a splendid addition to the study that chair would make! ;)

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
I wonder if they still print them or if the supposition is that if you want to look at their stuff you'll find their website. Seems dangerous, from a marketing position.

Mr. B. Scott Robinson

Advanced Member
Second to my Russell boots, my best purchase from Kevin's was my Winchester 101 (Japan) O/U 12 ga. I have picked up many other items from them over the years including Chippewa snake boots, cuff links, a leather shell bag (holds 5 boxes!) safari shirts and a few tattersal shirts. Their second hand guns are a bit overpriced for the market, but I have confidence that they would stand behind what they sell.

Good service and a pretty good sale section. If you are ever on I-75 heading to Florida, Thomasville, GA is a great diversion. They also have a shop in Tallahassee which I have not visited.

Cheers,

BSR

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.