SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
WSJ and NYT online. I don't fancy having to dump any more pulp into the recycle bin than necessary. Besides, a week's worth of these two is HEAVY.
If only Restoration Hardware followed this advice with that infernal catalogue of theirs!

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Indeed it was and I think it still is real. Back in the day a truck would drive by our house at Oh-Dark-Thirty, dropping off close to 150 copies tied in big bundles. I would break them down, put in all the inserts and fold them for delivery. The biggest challenge with a rural paper route was that the customers were spread out all over the countryside and everyone wanted to have their paper laying at their front door, the minute they sat down for that first cup of coffee. Thank gawd it was only one day a week! ;)

richard warren

United States
Louisiana
covington
Read a newspaper?

You guys must have forgotten about the Gell-Mann amnesia effect.

Again.

I personally feel no need to have my biases confirmed every morning, so I read the Unz Review, where I disagree with at least 50% of what is said by the few people there with whom I agree.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
Wall Street Journal in PRINT!! More than just investments. Best fashion coverage on Saturday than in some of the Men's magazines!

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
You could get the Austin-American Statesman. It only takes about two minutes to read and offers the added bonuses of keeping you in suspense for an extra day over sports results and offering a nostalgic reliving of the headlines that were on Google News the two preceding days!

Oldsarge

Moderator and Bon Vivant
On the banks of the Willamette
United States
Oregon
Oak Grove
^^
Indeed it was and I think it still is real. Back in the day a truck would drive by our house at Oh-Dark-Thirty, dropping off close to 150 copies tied in big bundles. I would break them down, put in all the inserts and fold them for delivery. The biggest challenge with a rural paper route was that the customers were spread out all over the countryside and everyone wanted to have their paper laying at their front door, the minute they sat down for that first cup of coffee. Thank gawd it was only one day a week! ;)
According to Wikipedia Grit switched over to a bimonthly glossy magazine about ten years ago.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts