Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
This photo (And food!) is too good not to share! New Jersey's own fresh, locally grown beefsteak (Rutgers) tomatoes , fresh mozzarella, fresh basil with drizzled basil olive oil. (Extra virgin olive oil, garlic, basil, salt and crushed red pepper flakes.) Balsamic vinaigrette may be substituted if desired. Serve with crusty, fresh, real bread (Good luck finding it, as virtually all commercially available bread has now been buggered! :mad:) and a full bodied red wine. Oh, yes, and serve this dish at room temperature! (High '50;s-'60's)

1567708446185.png

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
There is an unfortunate gastronomic trend that is part of contemporary pop culture of throwing a bunch of disparate ingredients together in novel combinations for nothing more than the sake of novelty and an opportunity to think, "Gosh, aren't I creative and edgy!" It's supposed to result in fresh and delicious new dishes, but most often results only in a mess. A gastronomic King's Clothes. This is because the practitioner lacks even a fundamental understanding of these ingredients, and what pairings will best enhance their flavors.

This is an exception. It combines a traditional Iberian sausage with a northern Italian method of preparation into to something I'd think should be delicious. Chorizo Bolognese. Topping with burrata is optional and an option I would likely forgo, burrata being for me a gimmicky novelty that adds little in the way of flavor. Though here it does enhance eye-appeal, and might offer a bit of pleasant creamy counterpoint to the spicy chorizo.

1567807055318.png