Rediscovering Chukkas

jeffdeist

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
VA
Falls Church
As a teenager I wore chukka boots, and since then I stopped wearing boots altogether until a few years ago. I like side gore Chelsea boots in both more moddish and more rugged forms, including suede, and I own but never wear a pair of Alden Indy boots in natural chromexcel.

Lately for some reason I started thinking about chukkas out of the blue, and the idea of a brown pebbled style really appealed. So I bought an ultra-cheap pair from (ahem) Men's Warehouse. And I'm loving them, with all kinds of trousers-- even thinking about the controversial suit combination.

Where have chukkas been all my life? Tempted by these from Peal & co.!

Last edited:

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Probably the most versatile footwear option in my closet.
Don’t apologize for where you bought it. They did, you like them and that’s all that matters.

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I'm an avid fan of Chukkas and, since it sounds like you're just getting your Chukka sea-legs back, don't ignore the desert boot classic (like this one from J.Crew which is a workhorse for me):

shopping.jpeg

rbstc123

United States
Georgia
Athens

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
I picked up these Astorflex before the holidays.They’re sold online via Huckberry for $145. I’m pleased with the quality and love the versatility. Made in Italy.

https://huckberry.com/store/astorflex/category/p/31817-greenflex-dark-khaki?utm_source=shopping&utm_medium=googlep&utm_campaign=boots.boots&gclid=Cj0KCQiAkZHTBRCBARIsAMbXLhGqnpGOzQSe1x615jKCkMJc8UfIPjGUlZb2f2gFM35igfj-PqEVEZwaAlSpEALw_wcB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I looked at those a few months ago - really liked them (good casual, classic desert boot look) - and was going to order a pair, but they don't have half sizes which (1) knocks me out as I'm an 11.5 and (2) ticks me off because I'm fighting a one-man war against the general "dumbing down of sizes" (see less longs and shorts in sport coats or more alpha sizing in shirts as examples).

shinebox

United States
Washington
Tacoma
Brooks Bros. has a couple Chukkas that I think are a good deal now. Search for "Red Wing 9017" and "football chukka".