lemmy

United States
WI
Milwaukee
@Dr.Watson

Late to the discussion, but I have experience. I took the risk and removed the elbow patches off of my RL Rugby brushed Shetland a few years ago. I just cut the stitching along the edge of the elbow patch with a seam ripper and pulled it loose. The work is tedious and takes probably five minutes per elbow patch, but once it's gone, you'd never know it was there in the first place.

James U

Starting Member
Australia
NSW
Sydney
Ok, thanks for the sanity check, guys. I just didn't want to look pretentious. The comments are mostly positive anyway, so I should probably just be less neurotic.
On a related note, I am looking at a Pendleton tweed jacket, with a suede shoulder yoke, it's a Western style jacket, which, with all due respect, doesn't cut it in Australia, where I live. It is a lovely jacket in every other respect and am wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to unpick and remove the yoke and I the material underneath consistent with the rest of the garment? Regards James.

James U

Starting Member
Australia
NSW
Sydney
Does anyone know if it is possible to unpick and remove the suede shoulder yoke on a Pendleton tweed jacket, Western style. I the material under the yoke the same as the rest ofthe jacket, regards James, Sydney Australia.

drpeter

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Wisconsin
Stevens Point
Hmm...I do have some girlfriends and at least two of them do sew. Maybe I'll ask them if they can do elbow patches. I'm always trading my old age and "wisdom" (such as it is) for their relative youth and energy, so why not? I play friend, philosopher and guide for them and they do elbow patches for me. Pretty good tradeoff, n'est-ce pas?