whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
[/URL][/IMG] Hi guys, I'm wondering if this can be fix. Perhaps fill it in with something?
It's shell cordovan.
Or should i just not care about it?

London380sl

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
If it really bugs you, you could buy a leather filler to fill in the cut but it would probably cheaper and safer to take it to shoe repair store.

Fraser Tartan

United States
California
SF
Those shoes appear to be unworn making the leather more diifficult to identify but are you sure those are shell cordovan?

smmrfld

United States
California
Pleasanton
Sounds odd, but have done this in a pinch...get red and black crayons, scrape off a little of each and mix together as best you can on a piece of wax paper or similar, then fill the cut. Modify as necessary. If you don’t like the look, it’s easily removable. If you like it, top off with some matching paste wax and gently buff.

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
Those shoes appear to be unworn making the leather more diifficult to identify but are you sure those are shell cordovan?
Which begs asking; if they’re unworn, just take them back. Is that an option?

whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
Oh really? It's suppose to be LEEDS shell cordovan Allen Edmonds. It's the 3rd party selling it. Are there fake Allen edmonds?

whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
If it really bugs you, you could buy a leather filler to fill in the cut but it would probably cheaper and safer to take it to shoe repair store.
I always think it's cheaper to DIY. Because if this happens again, then i can fix it with the supply i bought previously. But there is a possibility of screwing up

whoisthis

Starting Member
United States
mi
warren
Sounds odd, but have done this in a pinch...get red and black crayons, scrape off a little of each and mix together as best you can on a piece of wax paper or similar, then fill the cut. Modify as necessary. If you don’t like the look, it’s easily removable. If you like it, top off with some matching paste wax and gently buff.
I'd much rather use a Bondo filler from Automotive haha. One day i will actually test this out on leather.

Fraser Tartan

United States
California
SF
Oh really? It's suppose to be LEEDS shell cordovan Allen Edmonds. It's the 3rd party selling it. Are there fake Allen edmonds?
That photo doesn't show conclusively whether those are shell cordovan, in my opinion, and with no background information provided in your original post, I thought it would be a good idea to ask as the difference could affect how one approaches the problem.

Are there any fake Allen Edmonds? I doubt it.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts