allaboutshoes

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York City/Brooklyn
Ive been seeing a ton of advertising for Samuel Hubbard shoes over the last year or so in the WSJ, New York Mag, ads all over NYC and was wondering what the forvm Gods feel about them. I didn't see any other recent threads on them so I figured I would start a new one.

For all those that know me (and the service I used to provide for SF members), I obviously wear Allen Edmonds regularly - I did buy a pair of Hubbard's recently and have to say they are PHENOMENAL. They are way more comfortable than AE's, Aldens and are very nice quality (I believe they are all made in Portugal).

Has anyone else tried them? Or converted from AE/Alden ?

Is there interest in the brand at all from fellow forum members?

Thoughts?

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
They seem to be quite popular with the older crowd.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Ive been seeing a ton of advertising for Samuel Hubbard shoes over the last year or so in the WSJ, New York Mag, ads all over NYC and was wondering what the forvm Gods feel about them. I didn't see any other recent threads on them so I figured I would start a new one.

For all those that know me (and the service I used to provide for SF members), I obviously wear Allen Edmonds regularly - I did buy a pair of Hubbard's recently and have to say they are PHENOMENAL. They are way more comfortable than AE's, Aldens and are very nice quality (I believe they are all made in Portugal).

Has anyone else tried them? Or converted from AE/Alden ?

Is there interest in the brand at all from fellow forum members?

Thoughts?
They look to me like generic Asian sneakers with a suede upper. Some of this genre can be very comfortable. I've a few I wear for ultra casual summer wear, 2 were pre-Sears Lands End, and the third a Polo branded example in a suede very similar to what's pictured here, only with a much simpler design. Kind of like a slip-on Topsider

I'd like these perfectly well for their purpose if they didn't have that aggressive white stitching all over them.

Last edited:

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
They look to me like generic Asian sneakers with a suede upper. Some of this genre can be very comfortable. I've a few I wear for ultra casual summer wear, 2 were pre-Sears Lands End, and the third a Polo branded example in a suede very similar to what's pictured here, only with a much simpler design. Kind of like a slip-on Topsider

I'd like these perfectly well for their purpose if they didn't have that aggressive white stitching all over them.

$50 bucks via Zappos , as I recall, and worth that price. Comfortable, nice with tan khakis and Tori Richard shirts.

Andy

Site Creator/ Administrator
Staff member
United States
California
Palm Desert
allaboutshoes:
Do you think some of the SH shoes are corrected leather?

allaboutshoes

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York City/Brooklyn

What about the leather penny loafers? They're a bit more dressy and work appropriate (maybe not for real Wall Street Guys or Lawyers)

allaboutshoes

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York City/Brooklyn
allaboutshoes:
Do you think some of the SH shoes are corrected leather?
I have done quite the homework and it does NOT seem like they are corrected leather. TBH I think the quality and "fit and finish" is better than AE (I've watched their quality decline over the last 5+ years)

allaboutshoes

Starting Member
United States
New York
New York City/Brooklyn
They seem to be quite popular with the older crowd.
+1 on the sneaker casual one. The more tailored offerings though seem to be a bit more "young" or aimed at the comfort dress customer

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts