Clotheswatcher

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Hello,

I bought a button-down shirt today in a thrift store in La Jolla, CA. The tag of the shirt says "Hampton Shop Pincus Company San Antonio." The shirt looks like pretty good quality, with genuine mother of pearl buttons, a decent fabric, a substantial collar, etc. The tag also says that the shirt is made in the US and of combed cotton. I have never heard of this company, and was wondering if anyone knows anything about them? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Clotheswatcher

dks202

Pincus

Pincus was a high end men's clothing store in downtown San Antonio. They went out of business in the 1980's. My grandfather was a regular customer for 30 plus years. He used to take me there when I was little and I bought my first suit there. I think the building is now a bar. I drive by there often and remember the 2 story interior, old wood stairway, etc. The "Hampton" shop as I recall was what we call preppy today, the button down Polo look.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.