Lev353

I like how my jacket fits and in general I like the style. I will NOT return it so don't bother telling me that I should return it. My question is this: Some of you have said that it is possible to do spezzato with this jacket. Can some of you who are knowledgable of spezzato please tell me what good color options of trousers and shirts, even shoes I could use to make the entire outfit look fine, if not fantastic?

I heard that grey herringbone pants would look nice, and I would also change the buttons to grey mother of pearl.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
I like how my jacket fits and in general I like the style. I will NOT return it so don't bother telling me that I should return it.
Please. You're torturing yourself. And me. So don't return it. Suggestion: put it on a hanger while the both of you mellow out. Meanwhile, go into a thrift and come out with a decent, slim-lapeled jacket that fits and befits a 22 year-old, probably in navy.

I cannot give you sprezz any more than I can give you class. Those are things you figure out on your own. Work on them. I may have them (I'm three times your age plus some), but am not saying because the minute you say outloud that you do you automatically lose them (so keep what I just told you entre nous, (between us, in case you're not into borrowed French, a really good thing not to be into).

delicious_scent

If you must, use it as a 'navy blazer'. Trousers, I'd stick with mid-grey and light grey worsted wool.

Shoes, mid-dark brown leather or suede.

Shirts, pink, white, or light blue. Pastel shades.

Lev353

Hello, I am sorry if my comment offended any of you. I have read my comment again and maybe my comment could sound a little bit irritated.The only indications of my comment being angry is the capitalized “NOT” or my use of the word “bother”. I was not angry nor irritated and I wasn’t aiming to hurt any one’s feelings.I simply don’t see why I should be even irritated at all. Thank you for all the information you all have been very helpful.

triklops55

Hello, I am sorry if my comment offended any of you. I have read my comment again and maybe my comment could sound a little bit irritated.The only indications of my comment being angry is the capitalized “NOT” or my use of the word “bother”. I was not angry nor irritated and I wasn’t aiming to hurt any one’s feelings.I simply don’t see why I should be even irritated at all. Thank you for all the information you all have been very helpful.
You stated your desire and all of us here are telling you to do something else, so I wouldn't blame you if you were irritated.

Just let me say that some of the gentlemen on this thread have some amazingly extensive knowledge and history about men's clothing. I wish I had a resource such as this for finding out information about how to dress when I was 22; I'm twice that age now and am still learning. :D

I hope you become a regular on these forums. You'll learn a lot and we can always use the perspective of a younger fellow such as yourself.

Lev353

You stated your desire and all of us here are telling you to do something else, so I wouldn't blame you if you were irritated.

Just let me say that some of the gentlemen on this thread have some amazingly extensive knowledge and history about men's clothing. I wish I had a resource such as this for finding out information about how to dress when I was 22; I'm twice that age now and am still learning. :D

I hope you become a regular on these forums. You'll learn a lot and we can always use the perspective of a younger fellow such as yourself.
Thank you, I am really looking forward to learn from this forum! Maybe I was a little rash when I purchased this jacket, but maybe I could pull it off! but definitely I would purchase sport coats or blazers next time ;) Also what are good places/websites to buy second hand clothing? I don't have much good luck from ebay.

btw maybe I could pull it off because I found a picture of a person doing spezzato with a suit jacket exactly the same color, texture and even shape as mine:

Lev353

I am just trying to find all the spezzato possibilities for my suit jacket.....But truly beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...

Matt S

Connoisseur
A fair match for this jacket would be trousers that contrast in colour and texture but not weight or formality. For colour, light grey and beige or cream would probably go best.

The jacket appears to be a lightweight wool serge or prunelle, which are typical types of worsted suitings. For the trousers you'll want something roughly as smooth as the jacket but not the same. So another type of worsted like gabardine or plain-weave worsted like tropical wool or fresco. The jacket doesn't look heavy enough to pair with flannel trousers, though a lightweight worsted flannel may work.

Your idea to put grey mother-of-pearl buttons on the jacket is a good one. I have them on one of my blazers.

Peak and Pine

Connoisseur
^
Solid advice. (And I think I had a prunelle whatever that is for breakfast.) About the mother of pearl button switcheroo, that's (traditionally) only good for warm season clothing, you okay with that?

Edit : oops, didn't notice the gray MOP part, figured for white or translucent, so maybe seasonally okay.

Matt S

Connoisseur
^
Solid advice. (And I think I had a prunelle whatever that is for breakfast.) About the mother of pearl button switcheroo, that's (traditionally) only good for warm season clothing, you okay with that?

Edit : oops, didn't notice the gray MOP part, figured for white or translucent, so maybe seasonally okay.
I agree on the white MOP being more for warm weather, but the grey (smoke) MOP buttons are nice year-round.

Lev353

Thanks for the advice :) This maybe a dumb question, and a little out of subject,but can I purchase items here in forums? I had bad luck with ebay, and though ebay is still a good resource for these clothes, I wonder if there are other resources other than poshmark, etsy and ebay. Thanks!

Lev353

A fair match for this jacket would be trousers that contrast in colour and texture but not weight or formality. For colour, light grey and beige or cream would probably go best.

So another type of worsted like gabardine or plain-weave worsted like tropical wool or fresco. The jacket doesn't look heavy enough to pair with flannel trousers, though a lightweight worsted flannel may work.

Your idea to put grey mother-of-pearl buttons on the jacket is a good one. I have them on one of my blazers.
Hello, do you believe this fabric may work? The fabric is the same material,and looks like the same weight, though different texture.....the fabric looks like fresco. Thanks!

Matt S

Connoisseur
Hello, do you believe this fabric may work? The fabric is the same material,and looks like the same weight, though different texture.....the fabric looks like fresco. Thanks!

Because it’s a different material in a semi-solid I think it’s a good match. Many semi-solids come off as suitings, but this one has a sportier look that’s still smooth that should help them go well with your suit jacket.

Lev353

Because it’s a different material in a semi-solid I think it’s a good match. Many semi-solids come off as suitings, but this one has a sportier look that’s still smooth that should help them go well with your suit jacket.
Thank you for your advice :), I found a better trouser that is the same color and similar texture, but this time super 150s, like my jacket.

Matt S

Connoisseur
Thank you for your advice :), I found a better trouser that is the same color and similar texture, but this time super 150s, like my jacket.
Great! Super number doesn't matter when pairing jacket and trousers. I usually recommend Super 110s or 120s, though lots of good wools don't even mention the S number.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.