Sartorial distractions (or, what is seen cannot be unseen)

Discussion in 'Andy's Fashion Forum' started by HanEyeAm, Apr 17, 2019 at 7:31 AM.

1. HanEyeAm

HanEyeAm Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    VA
    Mechanicsville
    While watching a Punch Brothers concert on YouTube, I saw what I believe is bubbling on a member's fused suit.

[Edit: the kicker was that I couldn't enjoy the rest of the show without staring at the suit coat whenever it was visible!]

Dang you Ask Andy Forum and what your sartorial whetstone has done to my senses!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019 at 9:49 AM
  2. denace_mennis

denace_mennis New Member

United States
    Pennsylvania
    Pottstown
    I have that same issue now. I see ill-fitting clothing and sometimes it’s all I think about and it’s hard to focus on the important aspects of whatever I’m watching.

On a different note, the Punch Brothers are awesome. And I know I’ve watched that concert once or twice before. Although I didn’t notice the bubbling on Chris Thile’s jacket.

HanEyeAm likes this.
  3. cosmotoast

cosmotoast Active Member with Corp. Privileges

I too notice things more than ever because of visiting this sight. The worst culprits are some of the seventy year old men at church. One old guy wears leisure suits he bought in the 70s. Some wear navy pants with a navy sport coat and think it's a suit. Another guy buttons all three buttons on his three button sport coat

HanEyeAm likes this.
  4. richard warren

richard warren Active Member with Corp. Privileges

United States
    Louisiana
    covington
  5. cosmotoast

cosmotoast Active Member with Corp. Privileges

6. eagle2250

eagle2250 Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator

Harmony, FL
    United States
    Florida
    Harmony
    Ouch. LOL. For some of us, that is getting awful close to sounding personal. Speaking as one who qualifies for the age group you specify, I must tell you I have never worn a polyester leisure suit. I will admit to an unfortunate incident in which I was gifted with such a monstrosity, but it hung never worn in my closet for years, before being donated to a local Goodwill store. ;)

7. Matt S

Matt S Connoisseur

United States
    NY
    New York
    Fading Fast likes this.