ClassicStyle

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
Wondering if anyone knows of a Penny Loafer that has a longer construction.

By which I mean, less opening around the foot, covers more of the foot, more length on the top.

If anyone knows of a loafer that fits that description, please let me know.

Thanks a lot.

ClassicStyle

I mean long vamp

I believe I am looking for a penny loafer with a long "vamp"
If I'm getting the terminology correct

paul winston

Advertiser
United States
new york
new york
I suggest you call Alden Shoes and speak to Ralph or John - 212 687-3023. I don't know if they have what you are looking for. I do know that they are both pros and if they don't have it they can probably give you a lead.
Paul Winston
Winston Tailors
www.chipp2.com

gnatty8

United States
TN
Knoxville
What is your price range? You've described many shoes here. Ferragamo makes many models of loafer with a long vamp and longish toe, as does Santoni, C&J, anybody really. How much do you want to spend, how important is solid construction?

KenR

Advanced Member
United States
New York
Floral Park
It's possible that the Brooks Brothers calfskin penny loafer might fit the bill.

ClassicStyle

What is your price range? You've described many shoes here. Ferragamo makes many models of loafer with a long vamp and longish toe, as does Santoni, C&J, anybody really. How much do you want to spend, how important is solid construction?
We'll the less expensive the better, but it all depends what is available out there and how it fits what I am looking for.

Would guess a willing price at or below $200.

dshell

The AE Walden might be what you're looking for. Its vamp seems a little longer because of the ever so slightly squarish toe. They can be had on sale/ebay/GVH for something close to your price range.

Raz

Starting Member
I've always wanted a high vamp penny loafer in shell cordovan, since seeing 'The Trad' on a blog.

I'd probably have to do it bespoke :-( No one makes them.

pweller

I like the Sebago classics, which seem to have pretty long vamps. I have wide feet and somewhat narrow heels, so my heels don't stay in a lot of loafers. The Sebagos work pretty well for me. They do come in a variety of widths, so you should be able to find something that fits well. They are usually about $100.

And, yes, the leather is a bit plastic-like. But, I like the fit and the proportions, in that the leather soles are fairly thick and they are fairly 'clunky' for a pair of loafers. They look like a pair of men's shoes, whereas some of the more elegant loafers look more like women's shoes to me.

I have one pair of AE loafers that I don't like. The vamp is too short for me, and they really don't fit the shape of my foot very well. Of course, the leather is a lot nicer on the AEs than on the Sebagos.

Alden or some other AE loafers might work as well.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts