Shell Wallet?

ymc226

United States
NJ
Princeton
In the past I used the conventional billfold wallet with 6 to 8 card slots and 2 bill compartments but I found I carried extra cards I didn't need and was quite bulky. I changed to the cordovan slim wallet by Makr and couldn't be happier. I can carry 6+ cards and some bills folded in half. It has a much smaller profile which works well for me as I always carry my wallet in the front pockets (paranoid about pickpockets if my wallet is in the rear).

Semper Jeep

United States
Michigan
Bloomfield Hills
I have one of the ones from the NYC Alden store. I've had it for 5 or 6 years and it has held up fantastically however I stopped using it about a year ago or so when I received a really nice small card case from La Portegna as a gift... then I just recently received a big hulking leather wallet from a Japanese brand called Master-Piece so I've been using that for the past week or so.

I also got another really nice card case as a gift this past Christmas. I now have a box full of old wallets and card cases. I don't know how much I'll like this Master-Piece one though (it's very thick) and I think I'll probably go back to the Alden one sooner rather than later.

triklops55

United States
California
San Jose
I have a Brooks Brothers shell wallet. I like it. I paid about $300 with a sale discount a couple of years ago.
I like this version of a shell wallet because it's very simple. It's aged quite nicely too.

FLMike

Connoisseur
United States
FL
West Coast
Hermes seems to be going strong so I assume quite a lot of them.
And Louis Vuitton. Very popular wallets and all are over $200. Not sure what percentage of buyers qualify as rich, though. I guess I don’t understand the premise of the question.

challer

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Virginia
Alexandria
I’ve bought many horween shell accessories from Ganzo in Tokyo. They last for years.

Oldsport

United States
New Jersey
Swedesboro
I was just being silly...

And Louis Vuitton. Very popular wallets and all are over $200. Not sure what percentage of buyers qualify as rich, though. I guess I don’t understand the premise of the question.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
People will pay crazy prices for wallets. I still have a lovely Mark Cross wallet, a memento of “the days of wretched excess.” I am very happy with my little Smathers and Branson card case with the Texas flag embroidered on it. It holds my license, my debit card, my credit card, my insurance card, and my frequent buyer card for Waterloo records, everything I need. If I used a folding wallet, cordovan might be a good choice, but my little flat card case is unlikely to wear out. I have to say for shell shoes I really have found Alden Madison Ave. terrific. I’d probably ping them for one.

BTW, on the subject of rich people not carrying wallets, I used to work for a multibillionaire. He hit me up for a couple of bucks for dirty water hot dogs in the city and mooched dozens of Titleists for mulligans on golf courses he owned. Still, I kind of miss him.