Kennedy Jr. Jr.

New York, NY
United States
NY
New York
BTW, on the subject of rich people not carrying wallets, I used to work for a multibillionaire. He hit me up for a couple of bucks for dirty water hot dogs in the city and mooched dozens of Titleists for mulligans on golf courses he owned. Still, I kind of miss him.
Not to get into politics, but to your point, Garry Wills' excellent book The Kennedy Imprisonment notes several times that none of the Kennedys ever carried cash. If you went to lunch with JFK, you were paying the check!

New Old Stock

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
New York
New York
Perhaps this was covered long before I started posting here, but I'm surprised to see so few (if any) folks on this forum carrying or suggesting a breast pocket wallet.
I know they fell out of style when the hoi polloi stopped wearing a (suit/sport) jacket everyday. And yes, everyones favorite card case can be used with a jacket, but not nearly as well. I find it uncomfortable that you have to reach up, over, & deep into the jacket pocket to fetch it out. The great thing about the breast pocket is its height - keeping it slim & easily accessible.
I don't have one currently, but as I implement a jacket into my daily wear I'm going to start looking for one & would recommend this style wallet if anyone plans to do the same in the future.

mkrgk

United States
CA
San Ramon
Check the Meermin website. They have wallets in shell.

TKI67

United States
Texas
Austin
Perhaps this was covered long before I started posting here, but I'm surprised to see so few (if any) folks on this forum carrying or suggesting a breast pocket wallet.
I know they fell out of style when the hoi polloi stopped wearing a (suit/sport) jacket everyday. And yes, everyones favorite card case can be used with a jacket, but not nearly as well. I find it uncomfortable that you have to reach up, over, & deep into the jacket pocket to fetch it out. The great thing about the breast pocket is its height - keeping it slim & easily accessible.
I don't have one currently, but as I implement a jacket into my daily wear I'm going to start looking for one & would recommend this style wallet if anyone plans to do the same in the future.
I recall a fad that popped up in the mid-1960s of wearing breast pocket wallets in the rear pants pocket. Especially popular were the ones where a nicely burnished bit of light brown calf framed a madras inset. The wallets developed a distinctive curve. Dang but we were cool.

triklops55

United States
California
San Jose
Hermes seems to be going strong so I assume quite a lot of them.
I walked into an Hermes a few weeks ago and saw a couple of their men's wallets. They cost $1,500 each but, I must say, they were beautifully made of luxurious, supple, hand-stitched leather and Hermes offers some very nice colors. I told my wife to add an Hermes wallet to my wish list
Neiman Marcus also offers some beautiful alligator wallets for $700 or so that I absolutely love. I view wallets much like I do shoes: You buy the best quality that you can, and will be rewarded with a lifetime of good use so I don't mind paying more than average for one. But then again, I'm no billionaire. :D

katch

United States
New York
New York
Just bought a business associate a Fat Herbie in Natural Shell Cordovan. Looking forward to the patina process.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts