Shoe trees for loafers

Jeff84

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
United States
Michigan
Livonia
What are some good shoe trees for loafers or other slip on shoes they’re not spring loaded?

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
What are some good shoe trees for loafers or other slip on shoes they’re not spring loaded?
Not sure what you mean? If you mean you want trees that aren't spring loaded, I don't follow. I use the same trees on all my shoes, including penny loafers, except for those shoes so lightly made it could distort them, which I've only ever experienced with one pair of glued together Italian loafers of extremely thin calf. And all my trees are spring loaded. Those closest looking to what I prefer are these, and I would recommend trying them.

https://www.shoetreemarketplace.com/Men-s-St-Paul-Cedar-Shoe-Tree-p/7911.htm?1=1&CartID=0

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
If they are soft sided loafers I think you’re ok just stuffing them with newsprint.

Orsini

Honors Member
United States
California
Lawndale
Sure, use regular, spring-loaded, trees and you'l be fine.

Jeff84

United States
Michigan
Livonia
Let me correct myself. I meant the ones that are of better quality than what you would find at most stores? For example, in my experience I find that a generic brand such as Kiwi are not good.

Flanderian

Connoisseur
United States
New Jersey
Flanders
Let me correct myself. I meant the ones that are of better quality than what you would find at most stores? For example, in my experience I find that a generic brand such as Kiwi are not good.
See #2 above. I don't require any additional trees. If I did, I'd try these. I know some other members have purchased this model, which is named the St. Paul, and liked them. I provided a link to one merchant, but it's the same tree irrespective of who's selling it, so if it interests you, I'd shop for the best price.

London380sl

Canada
Ontario
Toronto
My guess is the OP is thinking of hinged shoe trees. They are a specific size ie size 10 and are hinged to allow insertion. Here's a pic of one.

hinged shoe trees.jpg
Unless you're looking at bespoke shoes I doubt they are available. They may have been available at one time but those days are likely long gone. I do occasionally see them in a thrift store. Always the wrong size :angry:.

If you want more information on shoe trees check out this link. It will probably answer 99% of your questions.

http://shoegazing.se/english/2016/07/16/guide-shoe-trees/

Last edited: