ErnstStavroBlofeld

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
UK
Greater London
Central
Yesterday when I was out and about with friends in Central London my pair of Rayban Wayfarers fell on the pavement. This resulted in one of the lenses being broken but the rest of it such as the frame etc seems fine.

However, it looks like to replace the smashed lense it would cost me £50 at least. I was wondering if it would be possible to find an authentic replacement lense for my Wayfarers for less?

Thank you in Advance!
ESB,

aps2012

United States
CA
Palo Alto
I'm going to provide nothing to this thread except to express my hope that someone can provide an answer because I have the exact same problem with my aviators.

Big T

United States
PA
DuBois
Can't add anything of value, except, though I have multiple pairs of sunglasses, I have one favorite pair and would be lost without them! Now, about eight years old, they have aged into a perfect fit, w/ my eyes used to the few (very few) scratches on the lenses. And, yes, they are also Rayban Wayfarers.

medhat

United States
Wisconsin
Madison
Not sure about authentic RB lenses, but when I replaced the lenses on my Wayfarers (old ones got scratched up) I got polarized lenses on Amazon and they were quite easy to insert (numerous YouTube videos exist). Really inexpensive and I was able to get a color/polarized combination that wasn't available with 'stock' Wayfarers.

ErnstStavroBlofeld

UK
Greater London
Central
Not sure about authentic RB lenses, but when I replaced the lenses on my Wayfarers (old ones got scratched up) I got polarized lenses on Amazon and they were quite easy to insert (numerous YouTube videos exist). Really inexpensive and I was able to get a color/polarized combination that wasn't available with 'stock' Wayfarers.
Did they have the Rayban engravings/logos on them?

SG_67

Connoisseur
United States
Illinois
Chicago
If the frames are in order, you should be able to have replacement lenses put it.

Have you priced how much authentic Ray Ban lenses would cost?

ErnstStavroBlofeld

UK
Greater London
Central
If the frames are in order, you should be able to have replacement lenses put it.

Have you priced how much authentic Ray Ban lenses would cost?
Yes around £50. However, given only one lens needs to be replaced it seems a little rich to me.

Ratio Clothing Custom Shirts