So what's new? Share your latest purchase here!

RogerP

Connoisseur
Canada
ON
Oakville
The good news - at 54, I have all my teeth - no caps, no crowns - and they are all straight, healthy (as are the gums) and I have no silver left in any of them.

The not so good news - I have spent tens of thousands of dollars (and many un-fun days at the dentist and recovering) to get them that way over the past ten-plus years.

I wouldn't change a thing, but I could have given my wardrobe quite the fillip had I passed on the dental repair and preventative care and spent it on clothing.
I am beyond certain that you made the right choice.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
That BB Trad fit shirt is big in the chest?? Was quoted $15 for darts to bring it in. about right in price? I never had shirts tailored before.

eagle2250

Connoisseur/Curmudgeon Emeritus - Moderator
Harmony, FL
United States
Florida
Harmony
^^
Years ago, when having uniform shirts tapered to fit closely, I enjoyed excellent results from them tapering the shirts from the side seams. Have you considered a side seam approach? :icon_scratch:

Fading Fast

Connoisseur
United States
New York
NY
That BB Trad fit shirt is big in the chest?? Was quoted $15 for darts to bring it in. about right in price? I never had shirts tailored before.
I'm with Eagle in that the side-seam approach would be "cleaner." As to the price, I live in NYC, so my view of tailoring costs are distorted, but even discounting for NYC craziness, $15 sounds very reasonable.

ran23

United States
Oregon
Medford
I'm with Eagle in that the side-seam approach would be "cleaner." As to the price, I live in NYC, so my view of tailoring costs are distorted, but even discounting for NYC craziness, $15 sounds very reasonable.
well, alterations have it now. ($15 was for darts), taking in sides and sleeves is $25, I like the look when it was pinned up on me. Until I hit a pin.

keefusb

Starting Member
United States
Virginia
Richmond
Found this herringbone tweed suit in a Goodwill store in Charlottesville. It only cost me $7.36. Nice lighter weight fabric. The one photo makes the pants appear to be a slightly different color than the jacket, but it's just the weird ambient lighting in the room. Probably the best clothes deal I ever got, next to the Andover Shop tweed sport coat I got for $8.

20190423_180114.jpg 20190423_180234.jpg 20190423_180217.jpg