fishertw

Advanced Member
I have wanted a Southwick Douglas 3/2 black and white herrinbone Harris Tweed for a while. With Southwick being closed due to BB bankrupcy I am considering going ahead and ordering one from a shop that seems to have stock left in their inventory. I'm between a 44R and a 46R. I have a 46R BB 3/2 worsted blazer and a 44 3/2 Camel hair BB. Any suggestions on sizing of the Douglas model for me to consider? I already have the same jacket from JAB but in a 2 button HT but this is an itch I just think I need to scratch.
Observations will be appreciated.
Tom

August West

Active Member with Corp. Privileges
I have a few Southwick made for O'Connell's 3/2 tweeds, including a black and white herringbone. I believe they are Douglas models, though I am not certain.

I am a 40R, and those sport coats needed very little in the way of alterations (just shortened the sleeves).

If you are willing to consider O'Connells, give them a call. I"m sure they'd be able to give you far more useful sizing advice than my mine. They are extremely helpful folks.

fishertw

Advanced Member
I have a few Southwick made for O'Connell's 3/2 tweeds, including a black and white herringbone. I believe they are Douglas models, though I am not certain.

I am a 40R, and those sport coats needed very little in the way of alterations (just shortened the sleeves).

If you are willing to consider O'Connells, give them a call. I"m sure they'd be able to give you far more useful sizing advice than my mine. They are extremely helpful folks.
Thanks, I think I’ll do that.

never behind

My very anecdotal piece. I visited O’Connell’s and tried on their Southwick tweeds. I am a 42 in BB jackets and the 42s fit perfectly.

Hopefully this is remotely helpful.

fishertw

Advanced Member
My very anecdotal piece. I visited O’Connell’s and tried on their Southwick tweeds. I am a 42 in BB jackets and the 42s fit perfectly.

Hopefully this is remotely helpful.
Just ordered the jacket after a very good conversation with Oconnells. They confirmed that the Southwick they have in stock is all they are aware of that they will have due to the closure of BB. Said the Southwick jackets were “being snapped up pretty quickly”.
Tom

CLTesquire

Just ordered the jacket after a very good conversation with Oconnells. They confirmed that the Southwick they have in stock is all they are aware of that they will have due to the closure of BB. Said the Southwick jackets were “being snapped up pretty quickly”.
Tom
Please let us know how you like it. I’m strongly considering the same jacket.

August West

Active Member with Corp. Privileges

Here's a shot of mine. Disregard the discription showing up in my post here, it doesn't correspond to what I'm wearing. The link is correct.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.

IMPORTANT: BEFORE POSTING PLEASE CHECK THE DATE OF THE LAST POST OF THIS THREAD. IF IT'S VERY OLD, PLEASE CONSIDER REGISTERING FIRST, AND STARTING A NEW THREAD ABOUT THIS TOPIC.